[18] Stop Hurting

L O V I N G
L A K Y N

MY EYES WIDENED as my eyes connected with Hale's. His hazel orbs filled with fury, his fists balled as he clenched his stubble covered jaw.

His words echoed throughout the kitchen like a terrifying curse being chanted. 

Hale is horrifying when angry, he is one of those people that are nice, but when they are triggered, they are deadly and it is rather scary. Everyone knows better than to irritate Hale, except Lakyn, but he is an exception.

Arden remained facing me, his face paling as his eyes widened to the size of saucers. To put it bluntly, he looked like he just shat himself then and there, which considering the circumstances, is understandable. He just got caught calling me a slut and he even brought Hale and Lakyn into it, not to mention I am Hale's best friend, so murder is a possible outcome right now.

"Bro, it's not—" Arden began to explain, but was cut off in an instant.

Hale shoved him, Arden's body almost colliding into mine, but I quickly stepped to the side, "Don't bro me, dickhead." he seethed, taking a step closer to him, "You're a fucking pussy, especially if you think it's okay to talk to a girl like that."

Arden opened his mouth, but nothing came out except silence. He was scared, horrified.

I folded my arms over my chest, watching the intense scene play out in front of me. I was not scared nor sympathetic, if anything I just did not want blood to stain my father's expensive tile otherwise I would be the one murdered.

"Look, I didn't do anything wrong, she fucked me around." Arden attempted to save himself.

I snorted, "I fucked you around?" I asked, "You fucked yourself around, sweetie."

Hale raised an eyebrow at Arden as if to say 'what do you have to say now?' but Arden's lips pursed into a thin line and I think everyone in the room concluded that he was done for.

Hale took one step forward, standing closely to Arden. Arden was not short by any means, but Hale was a literal giant, he seemed to get every tall gene in his family landing him at an astounding six foot three, well six foot three and a half if you ask Hale. He always says the half counts, but barely.

"Who cares if she fucked you around?" Hale spat, running his fingers through his hair as he grew irritated, "Leave her the hell alone or go latch onto someone else, you're a shit player at lacrosse, all the girls run the other way when they see you and if it weren't for your dad, you'd be attending that shitty public school in Ridgewood." Hale chuckled, an evil grin on his lips, "And do you know why all that happens? Cause everyone thinks that you're so fucking annoying." he accentuated his last words.

I clasped a hand over my mouth as I stifled a laugh, Hale's words seeming to hit Arden the same way his did to me. 

Hale knew his words were hurtful. Like me, he has a talent with gathering insults that will stab the person right where it hurts and just when they think it is painful enough, he twists the knife. No matter how excruciating, he won't walk away happily until the victim is on the floor pleading for forgiveness. But we do not forgive, instead, we leave them on the floor with the knife in place.

Even if Hale's words were light and his insults were sheer, his demeanor alone is enough to frighten someone. He has one of those faces that can be cute one second and petrifying the next. Hale is a king in his mind and to others, he is someone not to be messed with.

Though with Lakyn by his side, they are a force to be reckoned with. Every pupil at the academy would not be caught dead messing with either of the two, they are powerful and I guess that is why our friendship group is too.