Chapter Twelve - Past

Song - Ideas - Au/ Ra

This song LITREALLY defines Vicky! I love it :)

***

Victoria

I couldn't breathe.

The air had practically left my lungs. Maybe it was the shock of what had just happened, the inevitable rejection served to me with a lovely disguise of a date. I covered my face with my hands and cried uncontrollably which led to a lack of oxygen and I had to use my inhaler.

I was a sore loser, alright. This wasn't just a 'tiny' crush you had on your classmate that would pass with ice-cream or moving onto liking another guy . In my opinion, I was totally and completely in love with my best friend. I loved him as deeper as you could love someone. He was a part of me that I didn't want to lose.

Tyler was standing outside the car, leaning against the glass and saying something but I couldn't hear him, so I lowered the glass just a little.

His expressions were solemn when he said. "Open the door, Vicky."

"I'm going home," I said without even looking at him.

I probably looked like a sobbing mess. How very unattractive. I tried to control tears, but they just wouldn't stop. Damn my weak tear ducts!

"Let me drive you." He offered.

"I'm fine."

"No, you're not." He said. I sneaked a look at him and he appeared to be worried. "Sit in the passenger side. I'm driving you."

"I'm fine," I repeated harshly.

You wouldn't believe what he did; he plated his large hands on the sides and gave it a hard shove which had the car moving a little.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked.

In a low menacing tone, he said, "Best believe I'll break the goddamn window and open the car door if I have to. So unlock the car, get in the passenger seat and let me fucking drive."

I think it was definitely the serial-killer looks and the entire change in his demeanor that promised what he'd threatened that I unlocked the car quickly and slid into the passenger seat because if you were at the receiving end of those looks, you'd do exactly what he asked you to.

I watched him as he pushed the car seat way back to accommodate his giant body. "Wanna go to the hospital?"

"I told you I was fine." I looked out the window.

"There's a hospital owned by our family. Uncle Vincent runs it. He's got one of the best doctors working there. It's a little out of our way but I can take us there in twenty-minutes. Shall I take you there?"

I shook my head. "I want to go home."

He pushed my hair behind my ear and grazed his thumb across my cheeks to wipe the tears. He slowly pulled me into his arms; an awkward hug with the stupid handbrake coming in between us, but sweet nevertheless. I didn't have guts to crawl into the driver's seat and into his lap.

It was like he could read my mind.

Before I knew what was going on, he scooped me up from the passenger seat and placed me in his lap. And I sat sideways in his lap, shell-shocked. I lay my head on his chest, and since I didn't understand what I could do with my hands, I placed them on his chest as well. I was welcomed by the scent of his familiar intoxicating perfume and the warmth of his embrace, not to mention the ripple of abs.