Chapter Fifty One - Past

Trigger Warning* If you're sensitive to topics like suicide then you might not want to read this chapter. Also, I'd like to clarify that I don't mean to glorify such subjects.

* * *

Past

Victoria

I couldn't continue reading the diary. The details inside were gruesome and heartbreaking. I'd expected the diary to be bizarre and I thought I was ready to read about his secrets but never imagined that Tyler could be capable of murder.

Before we started dating, he used to tease me and say things about how he would be the worst guy I would ever fall for and that he didn't want me to be disappointed, and I'd assumed that his problems had something to do with the way his dad had treated his mom and him in the past, and I knew I could deal with that, but it was only the tip of an iceberg.

And now I was going to have his baby. What if this baby turned out to be like him?

I buried my face in the pillow and sobbed into it. I wouldn't be able to handle my child killing people or becoming like him. There was no way that Tyler would change; he was going to remain the same no matter how many years passed.

That night, I had a dream. It started off beautiful as I carried the baby around and he had large blue eyes like his father's and then Tyler snatched the baby out of my hands, and the dream transformed into a nightmare. The baby turned into a monster when he held it.

I didn't know how long I was screaming, but when I came to my senses, I felt Archer's arms around me as he tried to calm me down. There was absolutely nothing like being held by my brother and knowing that he would go to any lengths to make sure I wasn't harmed.

"What happened?" He asked me.

Poor Archer. He studied hard and practiced hockey harder, and then he would come home and just crash into bed, I'd woken him up from a deep slumber. Since I'd been pregnant, he did chores at home to help mom too, so I couldn't help as guilt washed over me.

"I had a nightmare," I said.

"You wanna talk about it?"

I shook my head.

His hand that slowly ran through my hair felt soothing. "Do you want me to call Tyler? Maybe I could ask him to come over and—"

"NO!" I said it so abruptly that I regretted doing it.

My refusal to talk to Tyler was probably like waving a red flag and telling my brother something was wrong between us because his expressions changed from concerned to curious.

"What's going on, Victoria?" Mom stood at the door, her hands folded over her chest.

"Just a nightmare, Mom, you can go back to bed."

Mom nodded and I heard her footsteps heading back downstairs.

Archer closed the door and took his place beside me on the bed. "I know you spent last night with him. Did he do something to you that he shouldn't have?"

"He didn't do anything. Like I said it was just a nightmare." I assured him.

He sighed because he knew I wasn't going to talk. "I'm keeping the door open. If you need me, holler."

"Can you be with me until I fall asleep?" I asked, refusing to be alone in my room.

If I closed my eyes, I was going to have visions of Tyler as a kid murdering those men. Archer seemed to have understood that there was something that was bothering me because he agreed to stay and it helped me fall asleep that night.