Chapter Forty One - Past

Warning: Steamy scenes ahead!

Past

Tyler

There was disappointment shining in Vicky's eyes so I knew I'd fucked up. That blowjob was probably a low blow, no pun intended. I don't know what had come upon me that I'd acted like an asshole, a total monster. It's like I willed my brain to do the right thing, I thought I had things figured out until it wasn't.

Last time, I'd lost it when Vicky said she didn't plan on going with me to college and I'd acted on pure impulse. I hadn't felt shitty after that, not even one percent of guilt if I was being honest; I knew I'd made a mistake just by looking at her.

She would never leave me...

I knew she would support my decisions. I wanted to make sure that she stayed by my side...forever because she understood me better than anyone else.

My dad was acting shittier as always. He'd gotten rid of all the snakes in my sanctuary and donated them to the state's Reptile association. I'd gone on a mini-rampage at home that entailed a broken window, some antiques, and blistered knuckles. If that wasn't enough I'd threatened Dad with a few other things.

"If you don't bring my snakes back, I'm going to hurt myself and call child protection services." I threatened him.

Dad's brow arched up, and he'd seen it coming. "And what would you achieve by doing that, son?"

My hands were balled into fists. "They'd know that you're an abusive asshole, and I'll be taken away from here."

He smiled, "And then what?"

"I'll go live with Uncle Vincent."

"Do what you want to, Tyler. No one's going to believe you." He regarded me silently, "Pets are dogs, cats, hamsters, not snakes. They belong in the wild, not on this property. I gave you enough liberty, and freedom to do what made you happy and certainly, you took advantage of it."

I was seething. "I have enough dogs and cats. I rescued those snakes from the wild and they were my friends! You had no right to give them away!"

"I have every right to do as I see fit. You've been spending a total of five-thousand dollars a month on all of your sixty pets. Where does that money come from, have you given that a thought? You get to keep them because I allow it. Next thing I know, you'll bring an elephant onto the property. If you want to continue to take care of these pets with the help of my funding, we do it my way. Snakes will not be allowed, and that's final."

At that moment, I hated my dad more than anyone else.

I tried not to think of that and paid attention to 'now.' After school got over, Vicky and I drove around in the truck that I'd brought to school today, a chrome black Dodge RAM with plenty of space in the back. I'd driven us a little out of town and parked by the river. I wanted to tell her everything, for the first time I wanted to put my head on her shoulder and cry, maybe I was overreacting, but those reptiles had meant a lot to me.

My mind was sidetracked by Vicky's constant blabbering about how Harper was being a bitch to her just because she was dating me. I watched her closely, my muse as she spoke excitedly with her hand gestures. I'd given her a Varsity jacket similar to mine with the words ′Tyler's girl' printed on the back. She'd gotten fucking happy, and it had also meant I could keep other boys off from preying her permanently.

"You're not talkative today." She noted and then worked her fingers into my hair, "What's wrong baby?"

I stared at her like a creep, "Nothing."