Chapter Twenty Seven - Present

Victoria

Managing a bakery wasn't easy. My alarm went off every single morning at five a.m After getting ready, I had to start prepping up for the day.

I had two employees working for me who helped with the cake orders and such. I mostly made custom-made cakes for weddings, birthdays, bachelor, bachelorette parties, even a baby shower. Sometimes it got really busy with me preparing the bread and cakes for the bakery, while also supervising for a large cake order.

For me, this was fun. It wasn't exactly what I had planned to do at first, but my home remained in Cold-Bay. I didn't think I could leave this place so moving away had never been an option.

A part of me remained here, it forever would.

Archer was here to help me this entire month which was great. Training as a patisserie in France had given him a lot of different ideas that he decided to implement while he was here and he also taught me some delicious new recipes.

He had prepared a fresh batch of lemon tarts and red velvet cupcakes and he had made a few new alterations to the recipe. When I tasted them, I called him a genius.

"You have been surprisingly quiet," I noticed as my brother began arranging fresh Blue-Berry cheesecakes for display. "What happened?"

He didn't answer me, continued to sulk. That's the only thing I hated about Archer, his ability to tune everything and everyone out. He could go on for hours without saying a word, and that was frustrating, to say the least.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I tried again.

"If I tell you what's going on, you're going to have to do the same thing and tell me what's going on with you. Deal?"

I rolled my eyes. "You already know nothing is going on with me."

Archer glared at me, the silver in his eyes turned a shade darker. "I saw the note that Tyler left for you."

I passed him an innocent look, one which wasn't convincing him. "What note?"

He said the next words in a hushed whisper, "The note that says that he wants you to meet him in Lockhart's Legacy Hotel, Friday night."

My face lit on fire. "Were you snooping around in my room?"

"I wasn't snooping. I found the note on the floor outside of your bedroom."

It must have fallen out of the wastebasket when I brought it out to empty it.

"Please tell me you're not going along with it." He said, searching my eyes for answers.

I never lied to Archer because it was hard to lie to him. He always knew what was going on. You could call it a twin's instinct.

"It's none of your business," I said flatly.

He gave out a humorless laugh, "Has common sense and logic abandoned you since his return, Victoria?"

He used my full name, which clearly said he was ROYALLY pissed.

"It probably has," I responded.

"What are you trying to get out of this?" He asked in a frustrated tone. "He's not calling you to the hotel to play Scrabble. He wants to sleep with you."

I laughed, "Thanks for the heads up, but I already know that."

"Then what do you plan to do?"

"I'm planning to go there, sleep with him the way he expects me to and that's it."