Chapter Forty Six - Past

Past

Victoria

"Tyler, I'm pregnant."

A few seconds passed and I thought he hadn't heard me the first time when his arms around me loosened and he pulled away to look at me, "What?"

I took a deep breath, took his hand and kept it on my stomach. "I'm going to have our baby."

I waited for him to lose his shit, I waited for him to say something like ′nah, don't think it's mine.′ Or expected him to scream at me saying, 'how could you?' but none of that happened and he stared at me with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Wow." He said, still staring at me and then he chuckled. "We made a baby?!"

I nodded and he kissed my forehead, "Why are you shaking, Vicky? Wait, did you think I'd flip and tell you that I didn't want it?"

"Yeah." I shrugged. "I thought maybe..."

"God, no." He said sincerely holding my hands in his. He brought them to his mouth and kissed them, "I'm disappointed that you think I'm like one of those guys."

I shook my head, my heart sagging with relief. "You were gone for three weeks, and I didn't know what to think or how to reach you."

"I'm so sorry, baby. If I knew that you were pregnant, I would have come running." He tilted my face upward to kiss me, the pressure of his lips on mine was gentle, and I could feel my heart racing against my chest as he rewarded me with some tongue. When Tyler pulled away after a while, I thought something changed in his eyes. He regarded me with a newfound emotion, almost like he knew this was the turning point in our lives, that things had changed between us. There was a burning ember of possession and devotion.

He cupped my face in both his hands, thumb caressing my jawline, and his stormy blue eyes cutting through mine. "You don't have to worry about anything now that I'm here with you. After we both turn eighteen in a few months, we'll get married and then we'll move out of this town." He dug his hand in his pocket and pulled out his phone to show me a picture of a beautiful big house. "This is one of my family homes, and the house is mostly always empty, there are lots of bedrooms, a pool and everything that you'd ever want. We're moving there. I'll take care of my dad's operations there and we'll raise the kid together."

Tyler was making decisions for me again, and he hadn't asked me even once what I wanted or where I wanted to live.

This was all about him; everything was always about him.

"Tyler, I'm sorry, I can't do that."

His eyebrows arched up, "You can't do what?"

"We discussed this before and me being pregnant doesn't change anything. I want to stay in Cold-Bay and go to college somewhere close, so it's easier for me to come back home when I want to. I told Mom I would help with the bakery."

"Let me get this straight. You're rejecting my marriage proposal because you want to stay in this boring town?"

"I'm not saying that I won't marry you. I just don't want to move so far away from home, at least not until I'm done with college."

"You're a piece of work, you know that right?" He asked.

His words stung, and that's exactly what he wanted. "Call me what you want to but you can't always make decisions for me."

"Well I'm the father of that baby so naturally I make decisions for you whether you like it or not, Victoria. Get used to it. We're getting married, and we're going to move out of this town. I'm going to help with Dad's company and you're going to take care of the baby. We live happily ever after."