Chapter Twenty Two- Present

Victoria

Archer and Maya were literally drawn to each other by an invisible string, the rest of us just disappeared into the background. I don't think I had ever seen anything like this before.

She looked at him like there was no other man in this world, he looked at her like she was the only woman who deserved to be worshipped.

I watched as Maya went to talk to Archer and the two of them slipped into the secluded lounge of the bar and sat really close. For a moment I had this image flash in front of my eyes; an image of a thirteen-year-old Maya brawling and throwing a fit at a seventeen-year-old Archer.

So many things had changed, so many battles fought.

My eyes traveled towards Tyler who was looking at the pair with utmost satisfaction.

He'd made this happen. He had orchestrated this entire thing and brought them together just to see his sister smile because Tyler knew nothing could ever make his sister happier than just talking to Archer.

Maya was a great girl, I had no doubt about it but she had the Lockhart's blood running in her system, and that meant she was lethal like her brother and her cousins. She was trouble with a capital T. She had hurt Archer in the past. Even if it was out of sheer childishness, she had done the damage and right now, my brother was diving head-first into the same mistakes that he'd committed.

Things were different now. He and I were adults and not teenagers and that changed a lot of things.

"Miss. Lane?" An attractive man in a server's outfit placed a drink in front of me, "this is for you. It's from Mr. Lockhart."

"Which one?"

"Mr. Tyler Lockhart."

A cosmopolitan. I smiled.

"Thank you."

The server slipped a piece of parchment towards me. It was neatly folded about four times.

I looked at Tyler who passed me a panty-melting smile and raised his glass towards me.

I could have thrown the paper away, I definitely should have torn it in four halves but I was curious as to what Tyler was up to now.

The paper had only a few words scrawled on it.

Lockhart's Legacy Hotel. Friday, suite number 506
10.00 pm
I'll be waiting,

Love,

x T

I glared at Tyler so hard, there could have been laser beams shooting out of my eyes.

This boy wanted to die.

I almost balled the parchment in my fists but instead, I stalked to where he was sitting and pointed at the paper. "What the hell does this mean?"

He grinned, the asshole. "What does it look like to you?"

"I don't know. An open invitation to fuck you? Unless you're asking me to visit your suite Friday night so we could play UNO cards?"

He chuckled, taking a sip of his drink in a casual demeanor like a king of some exotic country who had all the time in this world for peasants like me. "If you want to play UNO, that's totally alright with me. Although, I'd much rather play other games, mostly that don't include clothing."

"Or we could play another game, a much nicer one," I suggested.

"And what's that?"

"It's called Tyler Lockhart-can-go-fuck-himself."