Chapter Fourteen - Past

Past

Tyler

I was in the boy's locker room when I heard it. I was putting on my hockey gear, and just prepping for the practice match with team defenseman Sanchez doing warm-ups beside me, discussing the strategy that we could apply to win this game against another Ivy League school this month.

Gossip and smack-talk were so common in the locker rooms that even if I wasn't interested in the gossip, I made sure to listen every word of it because 'knowledge is power' and all. You never know what information you could gain about someone and it might even be useful.

But this time, what I heard was hardly something I'd call useful.

One of them was talking, that was T.J, the big beefy, meat-head that couldn't solve a grade two level math sum without a calculator and liked to talk big before and after hockey games. I'd kept him on the team because he was a good player, but now I was seriously starting to regret my decision.

"You bet I have hots for her but she wouldn't even look at me," T.J complained to Grant Kelly, who wasn't paying much attention.

"Dude, there are loads of other hot girls in the school." Grant reminded him.

"Fucked em all. I wish Vicky would stop following Lockhart around like a puppy, that dude isn't going to throw scrapes at her anytime soon. Honestly, I won't be surprised if our captain is gay."

Grant's face turned red because meat-head T.J had no idea he was talking to a closeted gay-person. The rest of the teammates were just milling around, trying to mind their own business but also listening to him talk.

"Listen, man, Lockhart's sexual orientation is none of our business," Grant told him, there was a ring of warning in his tone.

"Hell it isn't, but you heard the rumors right? He's a virgin." T.J sniggered. "Kinda makes you wonder if he digs pussy or likes to suck dick."

Sanchez's face was as white as a sheet, he seemed to be embarrassed for me, the poor guy.

I stayed where I was, hidden behind the lockers to listen more trash-talk about me.

"Anyway, I wouldn't care less if he was gay, it would be good for us actually. The female population of Cold-Bay would stop sniffing around him." He commented.

I thought the bitching was finished, it turns out T.J wasn't done.

"You have a selection out of hundreds of other girls in school, what does it matter that Vicky is hung up on Lockhart?"

"Oh, it won't be a problem anymore. One of these days, I'm going to pop Victoria's cherry." T.J declared, "And that's going to be sooooo goddamn sweet."

"She's Lane's sister, man, stop talking about her like that. He's in the changing room, and if he hears a word about his sister, you're toast." Grant warned him again. "And who knows Lockhart and Victoria always hang out together, maybe they are not even virgins."

And then T.J said something really filthy about Vicky and my blood ran cold. I could only see red, and a blazing ball of Inferno firing up my entire body. I was pretty sure that I was breathing fire, Sanchez was talking in the background, but I couldn't hear what he was saying because all my attention was directed towards T.J.

I will kill that bastard!

The urge to kill him out-weighed my need to stay on the safer side. My hands were balled into tight fists. The plaster on the wall would come off if I didn't control myself.