Chapter Fifty Nine - Present

Present

Tyler

"Who the fuck is doing all this?" I raged. I was close to punching a hole through the motherf*cking wall. If I'd turned up a little earlier, maybe I would have stopped whoever put the bomb collar around her.

I touched it and tried to get it free but I knew that it was hurting her.

"It's no use, I tried." She explained.

Vicky wasn't crying, and it seemed to me like she thought her faith was sealed. She was strong and had made up her goddamn mind. I wanted to grab her shoulders and shake her. How could she think I would let her go like this? As long as I lived, Vicky was not allowed to leave this universe!

"Look at me, baby," I grasped her chin and made her look at me, "Tell me who did this to you..."

Her eyes were filled with tears, she was trying her best not to show me her weakness but all she wanted to do was wrap her arms around me and cry. I'd been her support system for so long, we'd been with each other since the very beginning and then we'd been pulled apart by faith. Now that she was here with me, and things were finally going back to normal, how could I possibly loose her?

"I don't know..." she whispered as she bit her lip and kept herself from trembling. "I was held at gunpoint and then I was drugged. When I woke up, this thing was around my neck." She explained, "You were right, someone's trying to frame you. And if this bomb goes off, Ty...I don't want anything to happen to you."

Even with death looming over her, she was thinking about me.

Fuck!

"They want this. They want you to be framed for my murder. We can't give them that!" she said, clenching my shirt in her fists, "Leave."

"The hell I will," I snapped at her.

The ticking sound continued.

"There has to be a way to defuse that thing, and I'm going to do whatever it takes to get it off you. If it doesn't then we die together."

"TYLER!" She exclaimed, obviously frustrated that I wasn't doing as she'd asked me.

The only difference between her and me was, I wasn't afraid to die.

I was afraid to lose her. Again.

The sound of slow claps made us both turn in the general direction of it. Even before he walked out of the shadows and showed his face, I knew it was him. We were well played. He had me in checkmate this time.

Noah stood leaning against the wall, a slow grin spreading across his face. "Don't mind me guys, please continue with the theatrics, and I like seeing that look on your face, Lockhart. The complete despair."

"Why am I not surprised?" I laughed, "I had my doubts about you being dead, just didn't think you had a motive to play dirty. You would stoop so low as to put a collar bomb around your friend's neck?"

Noah sneered, showing us his true shades—the uglier ones that I knew he'd kept hidden inside. All these years he'd been scheming, holding a grudge, masquerading his true feelings behind a thick wall of trust. Everyone fell for it. Good-Boy-Noah was never good.

He was probably as bad as me.

Maybe worse.

At least I had an excuse.

Noah's revenge had been purely driven by vengeance.

"You really think that I care what happens to Victoria? Sweet saint Vicky with a masochistic streak for a Lockhart."