-Chapter 2-

The sound of the cars passing by was like an echo unable to come to a halt. The night's sky was a mist of nothing, with only a few stars twinkling in the sky. The moon was non-existent and it seemed to cascade across the whole city; creating an atmosphere so dark and hollow.

Christopher was sat near the outskirts of town, near a bridge as he swiftly watched cars pass by.

He slowly gazed down at the gun he had took from his Father's cabinet which he clinged in his hands. He hadn't let go of it since he left his house.

Seconds later, he pushed his head back and slowly closed his eyes, letting the chilly nights breeze consume him. He loved the cold. He was the type of person to sit outside for hours and just watch it snow, paying attention to every detail around him. I guess that was partly the reason why he was a sheer genius at everything he did. He was easily cautious of the things around him, and always the first one to spot if anything was out of line.

It was both a blessing and a curse.

He had always wondered what his life would be like if he was simply ordinary. If his parents weren't extremely successful and wealthy, if he wasn't loved and adored by everybody he's ever met, if he didn't have all the materialistic things in life and a bright future planned ahead for him. Sometimes he wished that he was normal, almost invisible in a way where nobody would ever notice him, where for once he wouldn't be the first one spotted in a crowd of people. He wished things were simple, but some people weren't meant to live a simple life and he was one of them.

Minutes went past and it had began to rain, but that didn't seem to faze in. He continued to remain still, whist looking ahead; trapped in his own dark and uncontrollable thoughts.

He gazed across the street to see a Father and son running down the sidewalk. He watched as the Father quickly brought out an umbrella to place it over son's head to protect him from the rain, before picking him up off the ground.

As the rain dripped down onto his head, the unwavery feeling he carried with him each day had began to get worse.

He glanced down at the gun. His hands began to shake rapidly as he let out a loud yelp, before hanging his head low. In that moment he wanted to take the pain away, he wanted to stop the heartache inside him, he wanted to feel nothing and he was desperate enough to do anything to stop it.

His eyes held a deep emotionless stare as he gazed straight ahead. His palms began to feel calmly as he slowly raised the gun up to press it closer towards the side of his head, with his hand unable to stop shaking along the way. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes shut.

For a split moment between life and death, it felt like the surrounding sounds had stopped and he could no longer hear or see anything. His vision had become a blur. The only thing he could hear was the sound of his heart beating rapidly. He placed his finger on the trigger and was ready to pull down on it, but what stopped him was something he was least expecting. It was a voice. It took him a brief while to recognise the sound of the voice and once he did, he hesitated in turning around to face her.

"Please, don't do this!" her voice was shaky. It held a hint of desperation and agony. Had she been watching him?

After a short while, Christopher finally found the courage to turn his head around to face her. She stood behind him with an umbrella placed above her head to cover herself from the now heavy rain, and she held a few grocery store bags in her hands as she slowly took a step closer to him.

"Precious...?... what are you doing here?" Christopher questioned, letting the gun fall from the side of his head.

"You don't have to do this, this is not the way... please" she stammered, exhaling a deep breath as she walked further towards him.