-Chapter 4-

The Next Morning, Chris was sat eating breakfast with Precious and Cecelia. He looked up from his plate of food as Precious smiled at something her grandma was saying.

This weekend had been one of the most unexpected weekend of his life. After Precious had stopped him from killing himself and then invited him to her house, he never would've thought that he would've stayed the entire weekend. It wasn't sure if it was because he didn't want to be alone, or because of the kindness of her grandmother, but he just couldn't find it in himself to leave and they didn't want him too either.

"This omelette is really good, Cecelia, best I've ever had" Chris spoke up, raising his fork in the air.

"Thank you, Chris. I'm glad you like it" she smiled at him, before turning her head to glance over at the clock. "Say its Sunday today... Precious and I will be heading to church in about two hours, how would you like to come with us?".

Chris placed his fork on the table and paused for a brief while. He looked over at Precious, before speaking back up moments later. "Uhh" he stuttered. "Thanks but I'm not too sure if I'll really fit in there" he said, scratching the back of his head.

"Is your mother an atheist? Asked Cecelia, leaning forward towards him.

Chris looked back at her a little puzzled as she only asked about his mom and not his dad, but as he remembered they were in the same class in College years ago, he realized she probably knew a lot about him, more than he already did.

"Yeah... she is" he replied faintly. "My grandma; my dad's mom was very religious and before she died I used to go to church with her every Sunday when I would go and stay with her on her farm in Georgia every summer, but I haven't been in a long long time... I don't want you to expect too much from me" he muttered, slightly lowering his head.

Precious gazed across the table from him as he shifted his eyes away, almost like he was embarrassed to look at them.

This confident, cocky, arrogant guy that she's known her whole life and the type who was admired but almost everybody in town. He was the type to have all eyes on him as soon as he walked into a room, the type to have people talking about him non-stop with every little thing he does. She had only eve saw him as a person who made her life a living hell, but never would she have thought that she would see a different side to him in their senior year of HighSchool; a side that she wouldve never imagined.

"Our church is really nice, why don't you come?" She spoke up, before realising what she said. Surely she didn't mean to say it out loud.

Chris lifted his head to look at her. He glanced over at Cecelia who nodded her head at him, before looking back at Precious. He was pretty sure she still hated his guts because of everything he's done to her, but she was that good of a person and that was something he would never understand about her.

_________________________________
-A couple hours later-

Chris was sat in the passengers seat of Cecelia's car as she drove them to the church.

He would be lying if he said he didn't feel a little uneasy about going to church seeing as he had try to end his life only two days before. Apart from that there were a lot of things he's done, a lot of bad and unholy things that he didn't feel like he deserved to step foot in a church again.

He glanced up at the rearview to look back at Precious as she sat quietly to herself gazing out the window. He looked at her for a brief while, before sighing to himself and shifting his eyes away.

Moments later, they finally arrived at the church. As they stepped out the car, they could hear joyful gospel music coming from the inside.

"Looks like we're a little late" Cecelia clutched onto her purse and hurried of inside as Chris and Precious followed in after her.