-Chapter 32-

Chris and Precious strolled inside the mansion in silence with Precious following behind him. As they turned to head into the living room, the atmosphere around them instantly felt numb, but that wasn't the worse thing as the quietness between them was becoming unbearable with each passing second.

After a while, Chris slowly spun around to face Precious. Her hands were laced together as it trembled nervously, her heart pounded rapidly and there was droplets of sweat beginning to appear on her forehead, despite the cool temperature of the room. She opened her mouth to speak, but no words seemed to come out. It was as if she didn't properly know what to say. She had rehearsed her apology over and over on the way here, but as she stood in-front of him and took in his look of disappointment, anger and hurt all mixed into one, it all became to overwhelming for her and she had found herself frozen to the ground.

"Where were you?..." Chris questioned in a low deep tone, breaking the silence between them.

Precious brushed through her knuckles and swallowed a hard lump in her throat. She pushed her braids to the side and sighed a heavy reluctant sigh as she tried to force the words out of her mouth.

"I-I'm so so sorry" she stuttered as her face filled with remorse. "I was with my mom... she took me somewhere out of town".

Chris sighed quietly to himself and shifted his eyes away before speaking up. "And you didn't bother to call, or answer my calls or the million messages I left you?" he questioned sternly.

"My phone ran out of battery. It dies hours ago when we were driving out of town, and I lost track of time with my mom while we were there, and I tried to call you with her phone but there was no clear service where we were and it took two hours for us to drive back home" she spoke quickly, trying not to slip on her words. "She dropped me off at the restaurant, but I saw you leaving with Bianca... so I asked if she could take me here instead..." she muttered quietly. She lowered her head and paused for several seconds, before speaking back up. "Did you-"

"Did I do anything with her? no... she just needed a ride home... but its nice to know that you trust me to ask me that" Chris uttered in a slight sarcastic tone, quickly cutting a ride off as he knew what she was going to ask.

"I do trust you" Precious breathed out, taking a step towards him

 He removed his hand from his pocket and used it to run down his face and through his hair. "I waited two hours for you, I was so fucking worried, I thought something terrible had happened to you" he murmured.

"I'm so sorry... let me make it up to you, I'll-"

"No..." he sighed, cutting her off once again. "Lets just forget it" he said a little bluntly, leaving her with a sinking and morose feeling. 

Moments later, he turned around to slowly head over to his father's wine cellar, and Precious watched from afar as he poured himself a glass of strong whiskey. She pressed her lips together and dropped her arms to the side as he downed the glass of whiskey all in one, before slamming it back down on the table, causing her to jump a little. Even though he was acting super calm, she could still tell that he was furious.

"I couldn't say no to my mom" Precious spoke, slowly walking over to him. "She asked me if I wanted to go somewhere with her, and she and I have never spent time together, not even when I was little" she said as she watched Chris pour another glass of whiskey.

"You do whatever you want with your mom, Precious, I'm not stopping you. I hope you get to spend as much time with her as you want before she leaves again" he uttered, quickly downing another glass of whiskey before strolling out of the wine cellar as Precious followed along