-Chapter 25-

The next morning, Chris and Precious were laid up in the bathtub together. Precious' head was rested gently and securely on his bare chest as she played with the bubbles, whilst Chris' arms were placed on either side of the tub as he gazed down at her. 

Last night was everything and so much more for the both of them, and waking up beside each other the next morning was even better. Although they had one day left in the cabin, they wished they could remain there forever.

Precious lifted her head up from his chest to smile up at him and he quickly smiled back, before going to wrap his arms around her. After witnessing his parents destructive marriage growing up, he always thought that he would be cursed with the same thing happening to him. He never believed in the idea of real love, or completely giving your heart to somebody, and he certainly never believed it'll ever happen to him. She was his second chance at happiness after he had tried to end his life, and not only did she save him, but she turned his life around completely.

"Last night was the best night of my life" Chris spoke, as she chuckled lightly.

"I thought you said that night we danced and first kissed at your parent's gala was the best night of your life?" she grinned widely, pushing her head back to look up at him as he intertwined their hands together from behind. She never stopped smiling whenever she was with him. He made her so happy; the type of happiness you only see in the many romance movies she loved so much and rarely got to experience in the real world.

"I think I'm gonna have a lot more best nights of my life with you... hopefully I get to spend a lot more of your birthdays with you" he said, slowly drawing circles on her back.

Precious smiled up at him, before turning back around to place her head down on his chest. He wrapped his arm around her breasts and leaned down to place a trail of kisses along her neck, sending a sweet sensation up her spine.

"You know... its only 9'0 clock, but this is already the best birthday I've ever had" she muttered as she relaxed into his chest.

"It is?" Chris questioned, removing his lips from her neck.

"My grandma always had to work on my birthdays, so did my grandpa when he was alive. By the time they would come home, it would be really late at night. I spent my birthdays alone just mostly thinking about where my mom was and my dad in prison, so this... being with you on this day... its all new to me" she muttered, slowly turning her head back around once again to face him.

Chris gazed down at her, before slowly lifting his hand to wipe the foam off her chin. "You're never gonna be alone on this day ever again, I promise. Its you and me for a long long time" he whispered, causing the smile to reappear back on her face. He placed his hand on the nape of her neck, and she pushed her head back and closed her eyes shut as his lips slowly met hers.

__________________________________

-An hour later-

___________________________________

"Careful" Chris chuckled as he covered Precious' eyes from behind, whilst leading her down the flight of stairs. He glanced down at Valentina as she placed a birthday cake on the center table, before hurrying over to grab a couple balloons as she nodded her head at him. 

"Can I look now? I'm scared I might fall down" Precious laughed, as she held onto his arm.

Chris glanced back over at Valentina once they reached the bottom stair. As he slowly removed his hand from her eyes, Precious gasped loudly at what she saw. There were movie themed birthday decorations hung up all over the living room. She slowly narrowed her eyes to the birthday cake which was placed on the table, then at Valentina who held up two balloons smiling widely at her, and as she turned back around to face Chris, her eyes began to slowly water.