-Chapter 8-

______________________________
-Saturday-
______________________________

Several days had quickly gone past since Chris had found out about his dad and Cecelia.

Doing his best to avoid his mom at home and Bianca at School was especially tough. He hadn't spoken to Precious ever since Tuesday where he had bought her lunch, due to the fact that she avoided him with every chance he got. In a way he couldn't blame her. Precious was a girl who had always kept to herself, she hated the attention and unfortunately he came with a lot of it that she couldn't cope.

Chris walked up the stairs in her apartment building, nodding his head politely at some people who strolled past him. As he reached their door, he took a deep breath and removed his hands from his pockets before lifting it up to lightly knock.

Moments later, the door was quickly opened by Cecelia, who shot him a wide smile.

"Chris, I didn't know you'd b coming today sweetheart, come on in" she said, opening the door wider for him to step in.

"Thanks" Chris nodded his head at her, before slowly taking a step inside. He hadn't been inside here since last weekend and he was quickly remembering it all. From when Precious brought him so he wouldn't have to be alone, to them not wanting him to leave in the end

"I haven't seen you since Sunday... you know you can come and visit whenever you want, you're practically a family now" she smiled up at him, before taking of her aprint.

Chris stared at her with a blank expression, placing his arms to the side. He wondered if the reason why she was so especially kind and caring towards him, was because of the fact that she saw his dad in him. He wondered if he reminded her of him in so many other ways.

"Is uh... is Precious not here?" He asked, slipping his hands into his pockets as he turned to peer inside the kitchen.

"Oh no, she's at Church, she's helping Kelvin out organizing a youth event trip. It's almost five so she should be back soon" she briefly explained as Chris scoffed quietly to himself, trying not to roll his eyes away. Somehow hearing that she was with Kelvin left a feeling in his heart that he didn't particularly like.

"Actually... I came to talk to you" he said.

Cecelia stopped what she was doing and turned back to face him. "Is everything okay?" She asked, the look of concern written all over his face.

Chris opened his mouth to speak, but quickly closed it. He lifted his hand to rub his eyes together not sure where to even start. He was so tongue-tied that he didn't know how to simply ask her about it, and it took him a while to finally work up the courage.

"Chris, sweetheart... are you alright?" She asked again, slowly walking over to him.

"What happened between you and my dad?" He questioned.

She stopped dead in her tracks as the question left his lips. There was a lingering sounding echo around the room, creating a tensed atmosphere. The expression on her face was almost unrecognizable in a sense where he knew she was feeling so many emotions all at once. It was silent for a while, incredibly silent that you could hear the faint street noises coming from outside.

"I...I told you, me and your dad were just classmates in College" she breathed out, letting loose the knot in her throat, before turning to head towards the kitchen.