-Chapter 24-

The early spring, chilly night's breeze rustled in the air giving of an eerie feel as Chris and Precious stepped out the car. They turned to glance at the seemingly quiet and dark road, before looking ahead at the restaurant they were meeting Valentina and her boyfriend, Frank in.

Precious rubbed her arms together and quickly zipped up her jacket. She walked over to hold Chris's hand, as he quickly lifted it up to kiss, and with that they crossed the street to head over to the restaurant. 

"What's wrong?" Precious questioned, staring up at him.

Chris flickered his eyes down to her before speaking up. "Its that Frank guy" he sighed, gently rubbing her palm with her hand. "When you were getting ready I looked him up. Turns out he wasn't kidding about my mom putting one of his uncles in jail. It was one of her controversial cases she took on several years ago. It also turns out Frank is from a long-line family of Italian drug traffickers and criminals..." he snarled, rolling his eyes.

Precious eyes widened in shock at what she just heard. "Do- do you think Valentina knows that he's dangerous?" She asked, gripping onto his hand.

"Probably... I'm just not sure why she's with him" he replied, before shrugging it off.

Moments later, they stepped inside the restaurant. They looked around at all the people, before spotting Valentina and Frank sat on a table near the far back. Valentina quickly caught their gazes and waved signalling for them to come over and which they did.

As Chris and Precious took their seats opposite them, Chris quickly shifted his eyes over to Frank who was already gazing a sharp whole threw him. He scoffed at him moments later, before looking away and going to place his arm above Valentina's seat.

"I'm really glad you guys could make it" Valentina spoke up. She smiled as Chris wrapped his arm around Precious, pulling her close as she took of her jacket, before nuzzling up closer to him.

"We would've been here sooner, but traffic down here is crazy" said Chris as he rested his hand on Precious's lower waist.

"We weren't expecting you really" Frank quickly chimed in, as the atmosphere quickly grew tense and quiet. He looked Precious up and down, making her feel a little uncomfortable, before shifting his eyes back over to Chris, who was already starting to get annoyed by his presence.

They sat in silence for a few more seconds, before Chris decided to speak again. "Hey Val, I thought we would've gone to the other restaurant ten minutes from here. You know the one our grandmas always took us to" he said.

"Oh did you not hear? It closed down two years ago. Apparently business wasn't great" she stated, picking up her glass of water and taking a sip of it.

"Damn seriously? We had a lot of memories there. You know its Precious's birthday tomorrow and I was thinking of taking her there before" he said.

"Oh my God, it's your birthday tomorrow? How old are you turning?" Valentina questioned excitedly, turning her attention to her.

"Eighteen" Precious answered briefly, a small smile creeping up on her face.

"I remember my Eighteenth birthday. It was five years ago and I spent it in a very small town in Bologna, Italy with some friends who ended up ditching me after midnight, so it was pretty eventful" she laughed, as Precious joined in. "I really like your shirt" Valentina grinned, flicking her eyes down to her 'pulp fiction' movie t-shirt. "I must have seen that movie about a hundred times".

"Me too!" Precious uttered ecstatically.

"You know it's so hard to find another Cinephile these days, what are your favorite movies?" Valentina asked, leaning further out her seat.