-Chapter 16-

_______________________________
-A couple days later-

_______________________________

It was Thursday morning, and Chris was over at Precious's house. The both of them were in her bedroom whilst Cecelia was at work.

Ever since the incident with his dad and Cecelia at the hospital Monday, Chris had made sure to avoid him any chance he got, but he couldn't forget the raw pain and emotion in his father's voice as he broke down and lost self control in-front of everybody. It was the first time he had ever seen him cry. Growing up he always thought that he was completely heartless, but now he realised that he was just burying his emotions deep down, which he then saw released on Monday. It was very overwhelming to hear and witness.

Chris rubbed Precious's back gently as she laid her head on his chest while he gazed up at the ceiling. There had been many thoughts running through his head for the past couple days, but it still brought him peace of mind to have her with him at all times.

"Its 7:30, School starts in half an hour" Precious spoke up, glancing over at the clock, before lifting her head of his chest to peer down at him.

Chris placed one arm behind his head as he gazed up at her. He lifted his other hand up to grasp her beautiful dark skin, causing a tingle to run down her body. "Let's forget about School and just stay in bed all day" he smirked, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her down on him to place a kiss on her lips.

"I have a Math test today" she giggled, placing both her hands on his chest.

"Who need Math anyway?" He scoffed.

"That's easy for you to say. You're good at Math and everything else... I don't think there's anything you're not good at" she chuckled.

Chris ran his hands through her braids as he gawked up at her beautiful wide smile. It was a sight he never got tired of seeing. "There's a lot of things I don't know how to do actually" he said, arching his brow up.

"Like what?" She questioned.

"Well for starters, I'm a terrible singer" he said, causing the both of them to laugh. "And second I suck at celebrating anything. Whether it's my birthday or Christmas... I just lost excitement for those things a long time ago. That's what makes me fucked up in so many ways" he sighed, running his hand down her back.

Precious gazed down at him with sincerity. She stroked his hair back as he looked elsewhere. "I think you're perfect..." she muttered, quietly as he slowly shifted his eyes back to face her.

He still couldn't wrap his head around at how she managed to look past and forgive him about everything in their past. Whenever he looked into her eyes, she looked back at him with so much love; almost like he was her entire world, and he often felt like he didn't deserve it, he didn't deserve to get looked at like that. He didn't deserve the love from this pure and innocent girl, especially since he was the opposite of innocent and so completely broken in so many ways, but the fact that she still loved him anyway despite his problems and burdens made him cherish her even more.

Chris gazed at her deeply as she smiled down at him.

"I love you..." he muttered, as she paused a little taken back. He realised it was the first time he had told her that and he wasn't sure why it had taken him so long too.