-Chapter 10-

The Next Day; Chris, Precious, along with Cecelia were sat in church listening to the pastor preach.

Chris held a hard gaze over at Kelvin who was sat at the front. He couldn't believe that after assaulting Precious yesterday, he still had the nerve to show up and pretend he was some Godly person. Chris was far from perfect when it came to his religious faith, but atleast he could admit that unlike him.

Precious glanced over at Kelvin before looking up at Chris as he fixated his eyes on Kelvin not looking away.

What happened with Kelvin last night haunted her and she dreaded the fact that she would have to face him this morning, even though he pretended like nothing had happened and put on  an act with the people in the church. Truth is the night she spent with Chris had made her forget it all and about him. It was crazy how someone who used to make her feel so bad about herself can suddenly make her feel so safe and cared for. She had never had a real proper friend before and the fact that he wanted to be in her life after everything was something she was going to take a while to get used to.

As Chris lowered his head to meet her stalkish gaze on him, she quickly looked away and turned her head back to the front to concentrate on the pastor. She felt his gaze linger on her for a few seconds, before he shifted them away and for a little while she felt her heart start to beat.

___________________________________
-A while later-

After the service was over, Chris was stood beside Precious as he watched Cecelia talk to the pastor with Kelvin who was stood beside him.

"I gotta say, Christopher I certainly wasn't expecting to see you again at service this week. I take it you want to get closer to God" the pastor spoke, turning his attention over to Chris.

"That's right" Chris replied, taking a deep breath and slipping his hands into his pockets.

He had never imagined to step foot in a church again after his grandmother had died years ago. There was a time where he hated God and blamed him for everything, and seeing that he tried to kill himself not too long ago, he was going to take a while to get used to everything all at once.

"I didn't expect to see him here again either, pops" Kelvin uttered, looking directly at him as he desperately avoided eye contact with a timid Precious, who stood a little further behind them with her head slightly hung.

Chris clenched his jaw tightly and held a hard and heavy stare at him. The two gazed at each other with a tensed silence floating the air before he decided to speak up.

"You mind if we talk outside... privately?" He questioned, as a smirk tugged at the corner of his lips.

Kelvin lifted his brow up. He glanced back at Precious who slowly lifted her head up, before flicking his eyes back at Chris. "About what?" He asked.

"Oh you know... I was really inspired when you were reading out some bible verses earlier... I'd like to know more about it" said Chris, taking a step closer to him.

Kelvin watched as he held a nonchalant, yet heavy look in his eyes at him, before scoffing to himself. "That won't be necessary-

"Kelvin..." his father spoke back up, quickly cutting him off. He shot him a stern look, as he tried not to roll his eyes away.

"Alright, come with me... Christopher" he uttered, before turning to head outside.

Precious looked up at Chris as he turned around to face her. He shot her a reassuring look, before going to walk past and follow after Chris. She watched as he strolled towards the door. Before she had thought that the reason why he was bothering her so much was due to the fact that he felt guilty. She didn't know what he wanted from her. All it took was for her to save him from himself for him to change his entire perspective and attitude towards her. Sometimes she questioned whether it was genuine, sometimes she would remember everything he had done to her and hate him all over again, sometimes she wanted to scream at his face and ask him so many questions at once, and he understood. Even if she continued to hate him and avoid him that wouldn't stop him from wanting to be there for her and protect her.