-Chapter 7-

The Next morning, Chris stood outside his High School along with Bianca, JJ and some of their other friends.

He leaned on his car and blew on his cigarette as Bianca walked up to him. She removed the cigarette from his lips, before stretching her arms around his neck and kissing him on the lips as everyone watched on.

"I see you guys are back together again" JJ spoke, as they pulled away from the kiss to face him.

Bianca spun around and gripped onto Chris's arms, snaking it around her waist from behind. "Oh piss off JJ we never broke up in the first place, and I know you're in love with me but sorry, Chris is just so much hotter, smarter and cooler than you are" she uttered as everyone quickly burst into laughter.

"Chris you'll be coming to my 18th tomorrow right?" One of Bianca's friends; Lauren asked as she fluttered her eyes up at him.

Unfortunately Chris was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear her speak, that is until he looked ahead; seeing Precious step out of a random car that wasn't her grandmother's. He slowly loosened his arms from around Bianca's waist and squinted his eyes to see the guy he had met at their church on Sunday, Kelvin.

Why was he dropping her off? Since when did he take her to school? These were the questions that were running through his mind as Precious closed the car door shut, before waving goodbye to him as he drove off. He didn't like the feeling he felt in his heart at that moment.

He continued to fixate his eyes on Precious as she held onto her books before walking over in their direction.  She wore overalls, along with an oversized black hoodie. Her long black braids that usually covered her face was tied into a low ponytail, exposing her entire soft round face and features that he had never noticed before.

As she made her way closer, she lifted her head up, initially locking eye-contact with him, but as she saw him surrounded by the rest of his popular friends and at especially the position he was in with Bianca, she slowly lowered, looking away.

Although they had spent three hours in a dark movie theatre room together alone last night, didn't unfortunately change things in their situations.

She quickly walked past them to head inside the entrance with her head low but Chris didn't take his eyes of her.

"You feeling okay man?" JJ asked, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Yeah, why?" Chris shifted his eyes from Precious, before turning his head back around to face him.

"Well Precious just walked past and you didn't say anything" he smirked, arching his brow up. "You're usually the first to make fun of how nerdy she looks, you're a bigger asshole to her than the rest or us" he said as everyone laughed.

"Well I didn't feel like it today... I gotta get to class, some of us actually take their education seriously" he smirked back at JJ.

"I'll come with you" said Bianca, as she said goodbye to her friends.

They held hands as they strolled inside the entrance, having all eyes on them along their way. As they stepped into the building, Chris glanced over at Precious who brought stuff out from her locker. She stopped what she was doing to look over at him, almost as if she could feel his presence and his eyes on her.

Her breath hitched as he walked down the hallway, still holding onto Bianca's hand. Before he went to walk past her, he gave her a look that made her heart quickly skip a beat just like when they were sat alone at the movie theatre yesterday.

"Is it just me or was she just staring at you a little too much?" Bianca spoke up, holding onto his hand tightly, as she spun her head around to look back at Precious.