-Chapter 19-

_______________________________

-A Week later-
_______________________________

It was nine in the morning on a Saturday and Chris and Precious was sat eating breakfast along with Caroline at a breakfast cafe downtown.

Chris watched as his mom discussed something with her personal assistant; Anne who sat behind the table behind them as she typed something on her laptop, before glancing down at Precious who quickly met his gaze.

That week had been a strange week for the both of them, especially Chris. His mom, who never paid attention to him was suddenly eager to everything he did. It was as if finding out that he had almost killed himself had ultimately triggered something in her that made her almost unaware of her recent actions. She didn't know that she had began to pay more attention, she wasn't aware how much she wanted him to know that he was around, and although she tried to hard at times and made him want to yell at her all over again for not doing it before, it made him start to slowly appreciate how much she was trying, which was something he couldn't say for his Father.

Moments later, Caroline turned back around to face the two. She picked up her cup of coffee and took a sip of it as an awkward silence lingered around them.

"Christopher, I still don't understand why you wanted us to come here to eat breakfast? We could've gone to some place more nicer than this establishment" Caroline spoke up as she displeasingly looked around the cafe.

"This is where Precious and I come to eat sometimes before School. It's not that bad" he replied as Precious nervously took a bite out of her pancake.

Caroline then shifted her eyes over to Precious as she lowered her head avoiding her daunting gaze. "So Precious?... what do you have to offer my son?" She asked out of the blue, causing her to almost choke up.

"Shit, mom" Chris hissed, rolling his eyes at her.

"U-Uh I... I uh... I have to use the bathroom I-I'm sorry" Precious quickly stuttered, stumbling on her words. She placed her knife and fork down on her plate, before getting up to head in the direction of the toilets.

Chris watched as she walked away, before turning her attention back to Caroline.

"What?" She questioned, shrugging her shoulders. "Is there something wrong with her?".

"I told you not to ask a question like that" he sighed, running his hand through his hair and leaning back on his seat. "Look Precious hasn't had any friends. She's been alone in terms of being social her whole life so she's not used to opening up to people easily. She's also very shy and doesn't talk much unless she's comfortable around you, and it doesn't help that you intimidate her and make her nervous. Could you try not to put so much pressure on her... I'm asking you, please".

"Alright, maybe that question was too forward, but I am just trying to get to know the girl who stopped my son from-" she stopped mid sentence and sighed to herself. She turned back around to glance at Anne, before speaking back up. "I am just trying to know the girl who my son has fallen in love with so quickly, something that Ex girlfriend of yours never managed to do".

Chris lowered his head slightly, before looking up moments later as Anne turned around to join in on their conversation.

"Pardon me for chiming in, but Caroline... perhaps you should try asking about her interests?" She added, as Chris arched brow suspiciously at the fact that she had called her by her first name, rather than something professional.