-Chapter 3-

The sunlight glazed through the thin curtains, as Chris slowly fluttered his eyes open. He groaned under his breath and ran his hand down his face, not wanting to get up. It was a small bed and not as comfy as the ones in his parent's mansion, but it was still the best sleep he's had for a very long time.

He turned to his side to gaze at the cream coloured walls as he thought back to what went down the night before. To think that he would've went ahead and really killed himself if she hadn't showed up to talk him out of it. Not only did she save him from himself, but she also invited him into her grandmother's home and treated him like a human being. She didn't gawk or fawn over him like everybody else does, but she looked at him and spoke to him like he was an ordinary person and in a way that was all he had ever wanted; to be seen as normal.

But seeing as how he had taunted her and treated her terribly her whole life made him a little sceptical. Nobody's heart was that good and pure, he thought.

He picked up his phone from the side to see multiple missed calls from Bianca and JJ. Not bothering to call them back, he quickly switched off his phone and rubbed his eyes.

Moments later, he heard music coming from the living room. He slowly lifted his head up and got out of bed. Turning to look around their guest room once again, he stretched his arms out, before going to head out.

He stepped out into the small way and walked over to the living room to see Precious's grandmother; Cecelia tidying up some things whilst singing along to a Diana Ross song on the radio. Chris stood awkwardly and watched her for a little while before deciding to speak up.

"Uh...morning" he muttered, slipping his hands into his pockets.

Cecelia quickly turned of the radio and turned around to face him, a smile appearing on her face.

"Good morning, sweetheart. How did you sleep?" She asked, dusting of her hands.

"Good... thanks" he replied, before peering into the kitchen to see Precious clearing up the dishes. He watched as she then dried her hands before going to set the table. "Thank you again for letting me stay the night, but I think I should start going back-

"Nonsense" Cecelia scoffed, quickly cutting him off his sentence. "Precious and I made breakfast so why don't you stay and join us".

"Thanks, but I don't wanna intrude or anything" he said, awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

"Intrude?" Cecelia chuckled, slowly walking over to him. "I've known you ever since you were a little boy. You and my Precious might have only just become friends but I promise you won't be intruding on anything. Besides Precious told me you're folks are away? Now what kind of person would I be if I allow you to go eat at that big mansion all by yourself?... c'mon child" she spoke, placing her hand on his shoulder, before turning to walk towards the kitchen.

Chris took a deep breath and slowly followed her from behind. As he got the kitchen he slight hung his head low. In a way he was trying to avoid Precious, which was why he wanted to leave so quickly. She had saw a side of him that no one was guaranteed to ever witness in his life, a side of him so dark and weak, a side that most people wouldn't believe and laugh at her if she were ever to tell anyone.

As he took his seat behind the dining table, he never imagined to be sat here in a million years and he then begin to feel guilty. Guilty at the way he's treated her ever since they were kids, guilty at the way her grandmother treated him with so much kindness, unaware about how horrible he's been to her granddaughter. He didn't deserve to be saved, he didn't deserve the kindness he received from them afterwards, but he didn't have the courage to just get up and walk out their apartment.