-Chapter 15-

Chris laid in a hospital room bed as a Doctor examined his injured leg. He placed one hand on the back of his head before flicking his eyes over to JJ, his coach and several of his team mates who stood across the room watching in silence.

Ever since the incident at the game earlier, he had been in a lot of pain physically. He had been playing football ever since he was little, it was one of the many things him and his grandmother used to do together, but that night felt completely out of him.

"Is he okay, Doc?" His coach spike up, breaking the thin and heavy silence in the room.

The Doctor stopped what he was doing to face him. "He'll be fine, it's only a sprained ankle. He's lucky it was something more" he stated, as everyone quickly breathed out a sigh of relief. "Unfortunately he'll have to be put on crutches for the next 3-4 weeks till his ankle heals".

"3-4 weeks? Doc, we got another big game coming up in Ohio next week and he's the quarterback of the team" the coach retaliated, placing his hands to his sides as everyone watched on.

"I'm sorry but to avoid any more physical damage he has to stay off his leg for the next couple weeks" the doctor spoke sternly.

There was a brief silence for a little while, which was then followed by a faint knock on the door. Everyone turned their hands as Phillip slowly stepped inside. His presence had instantly caused the atmosphere in the room to change, it was what always happened whenever he walked into a place. He had such a daunting and intimidating aura which made you barely able to look into his eyes.

"I got a phone call that my son had an incident... at his football game" Phillip spoke up in a stern tone, looking directly at Chris, who quickly shifted his eyes away.

"Very sorry about what happened, Mr Dalton" Coach Harper spoke, slowly walking closer to him.

Phillip looked at him for a few seconds, before shifting his eyes away and turning to face the Doctor.

"Im Christopher's Father, Phillip Dalton. How serious is his leg injury Doctor?" Phillip questioned, slowly bottoming up his suit blazer.

"Oh I knew who you are, Mr Dalton" the doctor said, proudly shaking his hand. "And you're son just has a slight ankle injury, he should be better in about a couple weeks- while you're here Mr. Dalton, I'd like to speak to you and look over some papers in my office" he said, gesturing his hand over to the door.

"Of course, Doctor". Phillip shot an intense look back at Chris before going to exit out the room with the Doctor leaving a tensed and awkward silence afterwards.

Everybody was thinking the same thing, but they didn't dare to say it.

"Look I'm sorry about this, Coach" Chris spoke up, placing his hands behind his head.

"Its not your fault, Dalton, don't worry about it" he said, walking over to him.

"Yeah. Fuck the other team, I know they planned to attack you like that on purpose so they could take you out for a while" JJ spoke, taking a seat on the chair beside him as the rest of his team mates crowded around him.

"Don't worry man, we'll get them back" one of his team mates, Jarell, uttered, while placing his hand on his shoulder, before picking up the TV remote and turning the TV on for him.

"Yo, the Lakers are playing against the Warriors. Look at Lebron go man, greatest of all time" said Jarell.

"Lebron's alright, but he's no Kobe Bryant, you feel me? Now he's the real greatest of all time" One of his other team mates; Will chimed in and before he knew it everyone began to bicker about the two.