-Chapter 27-

______________________________

-Two weeks later-

_______________________________

Chris slowly opened his eyes, yawning to himself afterwards. He glanced down at Precious as she laid still fast asleep, tucked in his arms. He then turned to glance over at the desk clock as it read '5:10 am', before glancing out the window. It was pouring rain, which was a little strange as the weather had been bright and sunny everyday those past two weeks until then.

He watched Precious' sleeping face for a couple more minutes, before slowly and carefully removing his arm from around her so he wouldn't wake her. He then climbed out of bed and pulled the duvet over her as it was a little cold, before going to stroll out of her bedroom.

As he opened the door and turned to head towards the direction of the bathroom, he heard murmuring coming from the living room, causing him to quickly pause. He furrowed his brows and slowly closed the door behind him. He slowly walked over towards the living room and peaked through the corner to see his dad and Cecelia talking near the front door. He scrunched up his face, before walking further where he could listen in on their conversation without them noticing he was there.

"Is he asleep?" he heard his dad ask.

"He is. The three of us spent the night watching 'The Shining' and they went to bed pretty late" Cecelia answered, staring up at him, as she clutched onto the blanket draped around her.

"Your favorite movie" Phillip muttered, a smile slowly etching at the corner of his face as Chris watched on. He had only ever seen his dad smile or come close to a smile several times in his life so he was truly taken back to see, but seeing as it was with Cecelia, he wasn't too surprised.

"You remembered..." she smiled back, as the sound of the rain echoed in the background.

"Of course, you made me watch it with you every Sunday night. I bought you the DVD a month after we first met... September 1988" he uttered, leaning his back against the door.

Silence quickly filled the air as they stood in silence not saying anything, whilst gazing at each other deeply. The tension surrounding them was as thick as wool.

"So..." Phillip began, as he slipped his hands into his pockets. "I'm guessing he lives here now, huh?" he questioned, as he turned to look around the apartment. 

"Phillip..." Cecelia breathed out as she took a step closer to him. "You know he doesn't want anything to do with you right now, and you can't blame him for that. He's furious with you about a lot of things, but he has a good heart. Look I'll talk to him about coming back to the mansion but-

"He tried to kill himself, Cece!" Phillip quickly muttered in a low tone. 

"Phillip, he's not gonna do it again" sighed Cecelia.

"How could you be so sure, huh?" he hissed, shifting his eyes away. "You know when my gun went missing, I thought that I had just lost it or misplaced it, but little did I know that my son had used it to almost try and blow his brains out... it was because of me and the trauma I inflected on him that drove him to do that... so how do I know that it won't happen again?".