-Chapter 14-

________________________________
-A week later-
_________________________________

Chris strolled out his bedroom, swinging his football bag over his shoulder. He walked down the long hallway, about to head down the stairs till he spotted his Father and Uncle Ian sat downstairs at the wine cellar, drinking.

From when he was a kid he had known his dad to be extremely busy. He never stayed I'm Michigan for more than a couple days as he was always off to business trips, unless it was something important, but he's remained here for the past nine days and Chris knew it was because of Cecelia. Seeing her again had sent him spiraling out of control, and he knew he wanted to see again, but he simply didn't have the courage too.

"I can't believe it's been a year since my mother died" Ian sighed, sipping on his glass of martini as he gazed across at Phillip who typed something on his laptop. "I mean she was fucking crazy in so many ways... but I guess she was never the same after dad died" he shrugged it off as he finished his martini, before going to pour another one in his glass.

Phillip lifted his head from his laptop to look at him. He shifted his eyes away seconds later, before going back to what he was doing as Chris watched on from upstairs.

"What's making you extra grumpy this morning, Phil? Not that you aren't always-

"How long are you going to remain in, Michigan?" Phillip question, quickly cutting him off his sentence.

"What? Can't a guy spend some time with his family once in a while?" He asked, as Phillip looked at him sternly, not believing a word he was saying. Ian looked back at him before rolling his eyes and breathing out a deep sigh. "Alright fine... look I... I'm in big fucking trouble and I need some money" he stated.

Phillip stopped what he was doing once again, pushing his laptop slightly to the side. "Matthew left you Six million dollars before he died, don't tell me you've foolishly spent it all?" He questioned, referring to their father. "I'm guessing years of splashing money on women, drugs and pointless things has finally caught up to you".

"You know you're a real dick, I'm not asking you for much. I just need two million dollars or something terrible might happen to me, don't you fucking care?" Ian scoffed.

"Stop trying to get me to feel pity for you because I promise you're wasting your damn time" Phillip uttered coldly, leaving a tensed atmosphere in the room.

"Oh I forgot you're Phillip Dalton. You have no feelings or emotions and you're as dead inside as you are on the outside" he mocked, throwing his hands in the air. He rolled his eyes before speaking up and saying something that sent Phillip spiraling out of control. "I saw Cecelia at a Supermarket a couple days ago... it's a good thing she got away from you years ago".

Phillip's eyes instantly filled with rage and his face turned to crimson red. His anger was almost visible, it felt like a ticking time bomb waiting to explode, and of course it did.

"Get outta my god damn house!" He snapped as Ian froze.

"Listen Phil, c'mon we're brothers, I-

"I said get the fuck outta my house you son of a bitch!" He yelled loudly.

Ian lowered his head for a brief second, before picking up his jacket and car keys and turning to head towards the front door and out the living room.