-Chapter 23-

It was Friday afternoon and Chris and precious were packing their suitcases in the boot of Chris's car with Cecelia's help, as they were going to his late grandmother's cabin for the weekend for Precious's birthday.

Chris glanced over at Precious as she wheeled over her suitcase over to him. He picked it up and helped her place it inside the boot, before leaning down to quickly place a kiss on her lips, before Cecelia could look back in their direction. This was the first trip they were going on together and although they were excited to spend the weekend alone together, they'd be lying if they said they weren't also very nervous, with Precious being more nervous than Chris. This trip was also a way for him to get his mind of the problems with his dad for the next couple days as they were driving him insane.

"Chris, what time will you get there again?" Cecelia asked, rubbing the sleeves of her sweater as she walked over to him.

"Uh around six. It depends on the traffic" he replied, glancing down at his watch before closing the boot of his car.

Cecelia smiled up at him, before turning to fixate her attention on Precious. She grasped a strand of her braid and ran her hand down her soft, round cheek. "You're gonna be eighteen tomorrow... I remember the day you were born. Before I know it, you'd be off to college" Cecelia breathed out as she stared down at her deeply. Ever since her mother left years ago and even before then; Cecelia had been Precious's home her entire life and she was all she knew. Even though her step grandfather died a couple years ago and helped to take care of her before, she didn't have a strong relationship with him as she did with her grandmother. She was simply everything to her.

"I love you, grandma" Precious smiled as she gazed up at her.

"Oh I love you too, baby" said Cecelia as the two pulled each other into a hug, whilst Chris watched from behind. "You and Chris take care of each other. I'll call you tomorrow morning and I'll see you both on Sunday night" she uttered, pulling away from the hug, to glance at Chris. "And don't forget if anything happens-"

"We know, we'll call you" Chris chuckled lightly, finishing of her sentence for her. 

Cecelia watched as they waved goodbye to her, before going to head towards the car. She smiled as Chris opened the passenger seat for Precious to step inside, kissing her hand along the way. As he shut the door, he turned his head to wave at her once again, before hurrying over to the driver's seat. Moments later the car slowly drove off down the street.

Precious turned to look back at her grandma as she waved at them, before shifting her eyes over to Chris seconds later as he drove towards the road. Moments later, he removed one hand from the steering wheel and placed it on her bare lap. The touch of his large hand on her skin instantly sent shivers up her spine and caused her cheeks to heat up. Her heart began to flutter as she placed both her hands over his whilst she watched him drive.

"I can't wait to see the cabin" Precious spoke up, as he slowly ran his thumb against her skin.

"I haven't been there in six years, but I remember how peaceful it is and there's a swimming lake beside it too. Last time I was there was with my Uncle Ian, we spent the whole Summer there" he spoke, keeping his eyes fixated on the road. "After we left, I told myself that 
I wouldn't go back there. I had so much memories with my grandma in that cabin that it hurts to think about... but... you know I wish she was here to meet you, to see how happy you make me" he uttered, turning to quickly glance at her as she smiled at his comment.

"Do you think she'd like me?" asked Precious.

"She'd see how much you mean to me and she'll love you no doubt" he replied, lifting her hand up to place a kiss on it, before focusing back on the road.