-Chapter 20-

_______________________________
~Flashback~
March 31st, 2011

It was a quiet, yet still night. Precious crawled out of her bed and rubbed her eyes tiredly. She turned to glance out the window. The moon and stars were hardly to be seen in the stars and the atmosphere felt completely dark and hollow. She walked over to close her curtains shut, before strolling out of her bedroom to use the bathroom.

As she was about to head towards the direction of the bathroom, she had chattering coming from the kitchen. She paused for a little while, before going to tip-toe out the small hallway.

Once she arrived in the living room, she glanced over at the suitcases which were stacked beside the front door. She placed her arms nervously to her side, before going to head towards the kitchen as quietly as she can. She stood behind the corner and slowly peaked her head inside to see her mother; Angela, her Grandma and her Grandpa; Laurence sat in silence. She watched as her mother hung her head low whilst her grandma covered her face with her hand. For a while they sat more saying anything, and she made sure to be extra quiet so they wouldn't hear her because of how silent it was.

After what seemed like forever, Cecelia finally spoke up. "You don't have to do this" she said.

"I have to. I can't- I can't fucking stay here any longer, mama" Angela spoke up, slowly lifting her head up as Precious's heart stopped beating for a brief second.

"What do you expect me to tell Precious when she wakes up? That her mother decided to leave the day before her 10th birthday?" Cecelia groaned, getting up from her seat to place her hand on her hip.

"I'm never here anyway so she'll hardly realise that I'm gone" said Angela, as she placed her hand on her head.

"You know that little girl loves you and-

"I can't! I just can't, mama. I've told you a million damn times!" Angela quickly cut her off her sentence as she slightly raised her voice at her. "You're more like a mother to her than I am anyway. You take her to school everyday and pick her up, you cook for her and do everything with her. I don't know anything about her. I don't know her favourite subject in school, I don't know her favourite food, I don't even know her favourite color. I just don't get her!"

"You'll know more if you're ever around, Angela" Laurence spoke up. "Listen to your mother and-

"Laurence, with all do respect this does not concern you. You are not my real father so stay out of this" she spoke as calmly as possible cutting him off.

Cecelia looked back at her husband and sighed before speaking up. "How do you expect to understand her when you're hardly home, huh?! You know it isn't her fault, how she came out into this world wasn't her fault and-

"I know it isn't her fault, but everytime I look at her, I just see his face. I've tried to get therapy and the help that I fucking need to help me cope, but I just can't. I've tried!" She exclaimed loudly. "I'm turning twenty-five later on in the year and I have done nothing with my life. A lot of people aren't meant to be a mother and I am one of them. I've spent the past ten years looking into the eyes of the man who raped me when I was a teenager and I can't take it anymore".