-Chapter 22-

It was seven in the evening. Chris slowly headed up the stairs to Precious apartment complex as he clutched onto his hand he had bandaged earlier on. He stopped to glance out a nearby window as droplets of rain began to fall, staining the glass. The grey clouds had covered the sky like a blanket and the atmosphere was grey and dim.

He lowered his head, not wanting to interact with the people who walked past him, before making their way to the door. He gazed directly for a brief moment, before going to run his fingers through his hair frustratingly. After what had happened earlier on, he felt awful. He was angry and furious with himself, not just because of the fight with his father, but for taking his anger out on Precious.

After a few minutes, he worked up the courage to finally knock.

Moments later, the door slowly opened, revealing Cecelia. She stared up at him, noticing his tired and puffy eyes, his messy hair and the way he slouched almost in a defeated way. She pursed her lips together, before stepping aside and opening the door wider for him to come inside.

As Chris stepped inside, he looked around the living room and peered inside the kitchen, before turning his attention back to Cecelia. "I-Is Precious home?" he asked in a low tone.

"She's in her room, she's refused to eat anything since she came back from School. I thought you two would've came back together like you always do" Cecelia replied, joining her hands together. She looked carefully at his face as a guilty expression quickly flashed through it. "Chris, are you alright?... did anything happen between the two of you?" she asked.

Chris ran his hand down his face and rubbed his eyes together before speaking up. "It was my fault..." he uttered in a quiet tone

Cecelia took a step closer to him, noticing the painful look on his face. "Well then you know what you gotta do" she muttered soothingly.

Chris slowly lifted his head to look at her for a brief while, before turning around to head to Precious's room. As he arrived at her door, he paused for a little while to clear his thoughts and recollect himself. He then lifted his hand to gently knock, before pushing the door open a few seconds later. As he stepped inside, he looked over to see Precious curled up in her bed in a ball. She quickly lifted her head up from the pillow as she heard him come in, before quickly shifting her eyes away not wanting to look at him and that killed him more than anything.

It was silent in the room for a few minutes. Chris slowly took a couple steps forward going to walk over to her, but he stopped as he watched her back away with her head lowered and arms placed behind her back.

"I'm sorry" he managed to speak up, with his voice cracking. His eyes remained locked on her from across the room, even though she refused to look at him. "I fucked up... I shouldn't have yelled at you like that, especially since you were just trying to be there for me. I just... I just got so fucking angry and I took my anger out on you like an idiot...I'm so sorry" he said briefly, as he clenched his jaw tightly, trying to hold his emotions in.

Precious slowly lifted her head up to gaze over at him. She watched as he looked at her with such softened eyes and she couldn't stop herself any longer. She let her arms fall to her side, before going to walk over to him. Once she approached him, she wrapped her arms around his waist and placed the side of her head on his chest.

Chris quickly hugged her back tighter, pulling her in closer. He felt the wet hot tears fill up his eyes as her arms secured around his waist. His throat closed back as he tried to hold back all the emotions he's been feeling inside ever since earlier today, until he no longer could. Finally, his tears split over and flowed down his face as he held onto her tightly.

Precious lifted her head from his chest as she pushed it back to look up at him. She removed one arm from around his waist and used it to wipe the tears from his