-Chapter 21-

It was early morning on a Tuesday. Chris and Precious were laid up on top of the small mountain he had taken her to a few weeks ago. Precious's head was laid on his chest as they watched the sunrise, cuddling up closely together.

A week had quickly passed by since they went to see Precious's father in prison, and it had only made their relationship stronger. Seeing her completely broke down was something Chris hoped to never see again. He knew that she needed to, to release years of pain and grief, and she still had a long way to go, but he simply couldn't stand seeing such a broken look on her face. It was as if her every mood and emotion now controlled him. Whenever she smiled, he found himself happy and whenever she had a look of worry and dismay, it was the opposite.

Chris pushed himself up a little to take of his varsity jacket, before using it to place over Precious as it was a little chilly. He slowly rubbed her back with his hands, before resting it on her lower waist as his lips travelled down to kiss her forehead.

"No, you'll be cold" Precious muttered, lifting her head up from his chest to glance down at him.

"I'll be fine" he replied, lifting his hand up to tuck her braids behind her ear.

Precious stared down at him for a brief moment, admiring his gorgeous features. Seconds later, she removed the scarf which was wrapped around her neck, before going to wrap it around his, causing him to laugh

"I can't wait till September. I can't wait for everything that's to come with you" he whispered, gazing up into her eyes deeply. After Chris had revealed that he wasn't planning on attending Stanford, they had applied to a College together in Texas, which was Cecelia's home town. Although Phillip still had no idea of the change, it got a lot of the teachers in their school talking as to why he had decided to attend an ordinary College instead of a prestigious university, especially being that he was the smartest person in School. But he had learned to ignore it. It felt like everybody expected too many things from him, because of his talents, but all he wanted was to make decisions for himself and live his own life without somebody having an opinion regarding him.

"I can't wait too" she said smiling down at him.

Two months ago, they were at totally different part of their lives. He saw her as an easy target to always pick on and even though she couldn't find it in her heart to hate anybody, she deeply disliked him. Now two months later, it was crazy at how things have changed. The biggest change being their strong love for each other.

"Are... are you gonna tell your dad about... you know?" Precious asked quietly, placing her hand down on his chest.

"Not really, no" he replied briefly.

"Chris-"

"Precious, I don't have to fucking tell him anything" he hissed, quickly cutting her off. "Stanford means more to him than I do, so he'll probably freak out and kill me if he finds out I declined their offer, and I don't wanna have to deal with his bullshit, for now" he sighed.

Precious lowered her head for a little while as she breathed out a deep sigh. "I just want him to come around... for you" she murmure, fiddling with her fingers.

"I wanted that too, but after eighteen years of my life I realized that's never gonna happen. My dad isn't the type of person to suddenly change his ways at the end of things, and when he finds out that I'm not going to Stanford, he'll hold a grudge against me forever" he sighed.

"What did you mom say about it when you told her about us going to Texas for College last night over the phone?" She questioned.

Chris paused for a brief while as he gawked up at her in silence, not saying anything. "She asked me if I really love you... and I said yeah, that you were the best thing to ever happen to me.