-Chapter 9-

Chris quickly drove down the road, ignoring the speed limit he was going. It had started to rain heavily, but that didn't stop him neither did it slow him down. Hearing Precious cry over the phone made him even more worried as to what happened.

Several minutes later, he arrived at the location. He stopped his car and looked out the window for Precious, before spotting her as she stood across the street with her head low, shivering rapidly.

Chris stepped out the car, before going to run towards her.

"Precious?" He called her name, pushing a wet strand of his hair from his face.

She quickly lifted her up to face him as he made his way over to her. He noticed how she shivered and how her lips trembled almost as if she wanted to burst into tears at any moment. Before he could say anything else, she quickly hoped of the sidewalk and ran into his arms, hugging him by the waist and burying her face in his chest to his surprise.

Chris looked ahead, a little stunned. He certainly didn't expect that to happen, but he didn't push her away either. He gently cupped the back of her head and placed his other hand on her back as they hugged. People hurrying past looked at them as if they were crazy, it was pouring rain, but they there were stood in the comfort of each other, oblivious to everything around them.

"Its okay I'm here... I won't let anything happen to you, you can relax now" he whispered. He pulled away from the hug and cupped both her cheeks to look down at her face, before pulling her back into a hug again and with each second that went past, he could feel her begin to slowly relax.

"Thank you for coming... I'm sorry to call you, I just didn't know what else to do" she spoke quietly, clinging onto his waist.

Chris slowly lifted her head up from his chest to look up at him. "What happened?" He questioned, as he ran his hand down her wet left cheek.

She slowly released her arms from around his waist and placed them to her side. The expression on her face was so scarred and hollow and he could tell that she didn't want to talk about it right now.

Chris sighed and took of his jacket before placing it over her head to block the rain. "C'mon let's go" he said, wrapping his arm around her and walking back to his car.

________________________________
-A while later-

"Chris... what are we doing at your mansion?" Precious asked as Chris drove into the compound.

"You said before that you didn't want you grandma to see you like this because she'd worry" he stated briefly. "My mom left this morning so it's just me again" he turned of his car, before pushing the door open to step outside. Precious watched as he walked over to open the door for her. She couldn't believe that he could be this kind after he had picked on her their whole life, and all it took was for her to stop him from killing himself. She often questioned his genrosity and tenderness, but he was willing to prove himself to her, which was something she couldn't fathom.

"Thank you" she muttered quietly, slowly stepping out the car.

They strolled towards the front door with her following from behind him. As they reached the inside, she couldn't help but gawk in awe and amazement as she turned to look around the massive living room. The walls were white, the ceilings were high and the atmosphere just screamed 'expensive' and 'sophisticated'. She definitely wasn't used to being in a place like this.

"How do you live here all by yourself most of the time?" She asked, joining her hands together nervously.

"I... really don't know" he took a deep breath as he turned his head to glance around the living room, before focusing his attention back to Precious. "Now are you ready to tell me what happened, and why you called me crying over the phone