-Chapter 30-

The day after Phillip's funeral was even more tense and distressing than it was on the actual day. Feelings and emotions were heightened and the unnerving return had caused such a disruption no going back from.

It was the middle of the day. Chris sat in the living room mansion. Beside him, to his right was an afflicted and distraught Precious who sat closely together with her head low, and to his left was an agitated Cecelia, also behind them stood an impatient Ian who tried to keep still as each second passed.

They all watched in silence at Angela who sat across from them on the sofa with her legs crossed, and her gaze focused on everything in the living room but them.

They wasn't sure how long they had been sitting in silence but it felt like an eternity. The only thing keeping the atmosphere from being completely unbearable was the sound of the clock ticking and the muffled sounds of their breathing. But the heavy and intensified feeling that clouded the room wasn't bound to last for long.

Yesterday was quite eventful to say the least. After seeing Angela again for the first time in eight years, before Cecelia and Precious could get the chance to take in or properly interact with her and her overwhelming presence, she had got back in her car and drove off as she saw the guests walking out of the hall, in fear of not wanting to be seen or recognized by anyone she possibly knew. It had left everyone feeling bewildered, especially Precious who had barely uttered a word after seeing her mother again for the first time in almost a decade. 

Chris clenched in jaw in annoyance as he gazed across from her. Moments later, he flickered his eyes down at Precious and he noticed her hands begin to rapidly shiver. Without hesitation, he slowly placed his hand over hers to calm her down, but that could only do so much as he could almost hear the sound of her heart beating and feel every emotion she felt right then. He knew that the moment she lifted her head back up to look at her mother she would instantly burst into tears, so she kept it down and avoided her gaze ever since she arrived in order to keep herself together, but not for long.

"How long are you gonna sit there, don't you have anything to say?" Ian spoke up, holding a sharp gaze over at Angela, finally breaking the heavy and uncomfortable silence in the room which went on forever.

"You and your nephew were the ones who invited me" Angela responded, returning the glare back at Ian, before turning to fixate her eyes on Chris.

"Because you left yesterday without hardly saying anything, so we thought we should give you a chance to explain why you came back before you leave again and come back for another eight years... I mean you do want a chance to explain yourself, right?" Chris quickly chimed in, taking a dig at her.

Angela placed her arms together as she gaze d over at him, whilst running her tongue across the inside of her mouth. Her and Chris held a deep intense gaze at each other for a short while, and you could almost feel the room circulating around them. He knew that his father was once like a father to her when she was a little girl and even continued to love and protect her, even after him and Cecelia's split, so in a way they had more in common than he liked to know.

"Chris, that's enough..." Cecelia muttered over to him, arching her brow at him and back at Ian. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes shut for a few seconds, before opening it back up and then turning to face Angela. It was one of the worse days of her life when her daughter had left that night. When Precious was growing up, she had always told her that her mother left in order to find herself, after the horrifying trauma that she carried with her, as she never wanted Precious to ever end up hating her, but now that the day had come where the three of them could be in the same room again, she knew for a fact she couldn't stop Precious feeling any negative feelings and emotions she had towards her.