03

af·fect
verb
have an effect on; make a difference to.

-

"Jimin? Sweetheart, is that you?"

Jimin jumped into his mother's arms and was welcomed with a big, warm embrace. Even though he was very confused as to why his mother was being so loving, he decided to ignore that and just enjoy this rare moment while it lasted.

He sniffled, "M- mommy! I- I wasth trapped I- in the big sth- sthcary house! A- and he d- did thingths to me! A- a-" Jimin's mother placed a finger over his lips and shhh'd him to calm him down. She sat down on the small couch in their living room and hoisted the petite boy onto her lap. Jimin straddled her, still being small enough to do so, and buried his face into her chest.

"Shhhh. It's ok baby. it's okay, mommy's got you."

-

Mrs Park's backstory~

Mrs Park is a 27 year old mom. At the young age of 17, she got pregnant by accident, forcing her to drop out of school and move away from home with Jimin's biological father. After 4 years of the two living together with Jimin and just barely getting by, Mrs Park developed severe depression and anxiety. After Jimin's father got word of this, he left Mrs Park out of the blue and hasn't been heard from since. The two weren't married so it hadn't been a very complicated situation. Hard on Jimin and his mother of course, but not complicated. 2 years later, around when Jimin turned 6 years old, Mrs Park started dating again. 2 months into a relationship with the current Mr Park, the two got married. Even though the relationship was toxic and abusive, the man brought in cash, and that's what Mrs Park needed. She decided to stay with him solely for that reason. But one day, Mr Park got fired from his job as a car salesman. The family now lives off Mrs Park's job as an office secretary while Mr Park remains unemployed. The only reason the two haven't divorced yet is simply because "it's too expensive" and "we don't have time" (even though Mr Park had all the time in the world). Jimin's mom is usually at work so she has little time to tend to her son, making moments like these ever so precious for the both of them. I hope this all makes sense! (Damn I had to do so much math for that LMAO I doubt anyone actually read all of it but it is 100% accurate like ages and when things happened. just putting that out there cus i be doing some mental math.)

-

"You can tell me about it tomorrow honey bunny. For now, let's just get you to bed." Mrs Park said softly as she placed a gentle kiss on Jimin's (who had almost passed out from exhaustion by now) forehead.

A/N: NOT THE HONEY BUNNY FANFIC I just used that because my mom used to call me honey bunny as a child and she still does! So it just came to mind but now I know it's a popular fic title as well lol

She carried the sleepy boy up to her room where Chimmy was there awaiting him. She'd predicted something like this would happen, so she set up her bed to let Jimin sleep in it with her in case he had any nightmares.

As deeply loving as Mrs Park was towards her son, there was something extremely relevant that she'd never taken into consideration: How will Jimin's childhood afftect the rest of his life?

-

Ok so a bit of a really short chapter today! It's late and I kinda wanted to wrap up this background info part of the story. Sorry if I kinda left you guys hanging with this... I just needed to speed it up a bit, so sorry if this seems rushed. I may even update this again if I have time. Anyways, hope for me passing my Spanish test tomorrow :) (year later update: i probably didn't pass)