Hunting

I was tired of fish and dreamed of having vegetables and cooked steak.

Ancalagon said to me. "You can fly but you can't fight or hunt and even less run away from archers and soldiers. Let's not talk about dragon hunters..."

She was right all along.

"Besides, you don't know how to articulate."

I was defeated by this announcement.

"Today we're going to hunt fallow deer."

I was asking Ancalagon to tan the skin.

????

The three of us flew off and inspected the area.

On the count of three it was easier. We had to shut up and watch. And don't let our wings whistle.

Ancalagon was in the lead and in the background, on his right it was me and at the end Leucaruth on his left, in the background.

Our training was soaring.

We went to the spots spotted a few days earlier and she nodded at me to say that she had spotted game.

She passed low above the herd and Leucaruth told me "fold them back with me: you on the right and me on the left"

We had to flap our wings while on the spot and the herd started to flee to the clearings a little further away.

The herd began to descend the hill and found themselves in open grasslands, hoping to escape the black dragon and the red dragon.

Then, as bright as lightning, Ancalagon made a loop and in a split second, a fallow deer was picked without even the others noticing anything. There must have been about 50 of them!

She released her dead prey further away and set out to do it again, but she gave way to Leucaruth and came to join me:

"Did you see the technique in common? It's easy here, everything's clear. But if you are alone, it's the same except that you have to work on your surprise technique. You must master the pinhead figure well and climb up. Except if it's too heavy, you crash and if it's too light, you miss your target.

Look closely at your little sister She dives like a buzzard, with her wings folded down and she rears up at the last moment, taking advantage of the speed to climb up and the effect of the wings to push up.

Your claws must be spread as far apart as possible to limit the rate of capture error and as soon as you feel on the palm, the target, you squeeze with all your strength to kill the prey that will otherwise struggle but also bite and especially to shorten its suffering and hear its complaints.

I said, "Complaints?"

You'll see later. You will balance the pain of your stomach against the pity you will feel for your prey. My stomach won. I follow the precepts of our dragon goddess.

Wait! Wait!

There you go! Did you see that? Its very important angle of arrival for the speed of takeoff and take its prey with it.

Now your turn!

Leucaruth took her place near her sister and I had to take the position indicated by my older sister!

"Faster! Faster! Amphisbeame!"

I was scared! I was scared!

The ground was getting closer and I pulled out my greenhouses as much as I could and climbed up by hitting next to them and pulling out a clump of grass. I hurt myself a little bit, but that's the experience!