An inconvenient truth.

Theodoric took a staircase that went up and came to a terrace. And he saw a black dragon, smaller than the description. He was limping and seemed to have a serious leg injury.

An easy target but but...

It's my Princess Amalaberge!

She's covered in blood!

The monster! He'll pay!

The knight in armor lowered his visor and pulled out his shield attached in the back.

He fixed it tightly to his arm and shoulder and held his sword in his right hand.

He inspired a blow and thought back to his past life and the mission he was given.

It was necessary to make her beloved fall off the back of this monster who was probably going to devour her!

His blessed armor would protect him from the sacrilegious fire of dragons.

Now or never!

He was going to give it all in this surprise attack. Everything was based on the unexpected effect!

He reared up and stretched all his muscles and seeing only the weak spot, the dragon's bleeding leg, he would push and the pain would do the rest. All he would have to do is finish the beast on the ground.

Like lightning, the knight rushed to the dragon, which was caught by surprise.

In his gaze, no hatred but fear, surprise and also sadness.

The dragon was defeated even before the impact.

Besides, he didn't have time to react and just said "Please!"

The flesh sank and a sheaf of blood from the reopened wound showed the raw muscle and torn arterioles that spurted blood.

But, despite its size, the dragon had kept its original larger mass. The size being only a reinforced illusion.

In fact, that's what saved his paw. If he had really had that size, the leg would have been cut off, and the abdomen with it.

YOOOOWWLLLL made the dragon overcome with pain. But he did not rock and Theodiric's sword met the tail sword that reflexed into a defensive position.

"IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm in pain!" begged the dragon!

Amalaberge: "Theodoric, my love!"

She jumped from the dragon and stood between him and his brave knight.

The dragon jumped on three legs, finally two legs and the sword as guard

"Please don't hurt me anymore, I surrender!" cried the dragon, who was squeezing his bruised paw into a ball and closing his eyes for a possible impact.

Theodoric raised his sword and Amalaberge put his hand on the palm of his sword brandished and ready to fall on the lying dragon.

"Theodoric, the dragon is my savior! He is the one who freed me from prison. We look for his companions and then run away. He saved my life several times. Please be indulgent, I beg you."

Theodoric lowered his sword and saw a creature, a less sinister animal, all of a sudden.

"Down below, behind me, are his companions... Let him do what he wants with it."

Then, thinking for a moment, he said again: "Let's leave here, it's too dangerous with you and all the hellish traps. I'm taking you back to your father." Then she approached the dragon and put the bandage back on to stop the bleeding.