Chapter twenty two.

"What are you talking about Andrew I tried calling"

"That the point gale. You called, you text but you're not here" I said irritated.

She thought I was an idiot. She should have called me after my run not before. Now answering her stupid call, I missed it talking to her liar self.

"What does it matter? At least I let you know I'm fine"

"So hang up then. I get it. You're fine. Bye"

"Andrew don't hang up"

I held the receiver over the holder. I was trying to save our relationship, trying. She didn't understand what was going on here. Everyone was thinking I didn't have a girlfriend when the actual woman I wanted, no needed was slighting what we had.

"You called because Lucy finally got to you right?"

She took a deep breath not answering the question as if she thought I was a fool. So if Lucy hadn't called, if I didn't let her know that she only had about three weeks left to come home, she wouldn't have given me a second thought. I chuckled hitting my fist into the wall opposite me.

"I told her you were fine where ever you are"

"Why would you all be worried?"

Was she f***ing kidding me? She left without telling anyone where she was headed, lied to my damn face and we weren't to give a shit! I was losing patience by the minute with her on the line.

"Gale, no one absolutely no one has heard or seen you in a week. Lucy thought you were coming here"

"I called you"

"You f***ing lied to me. That's all you did"

"Andrew" she said her voice trembling. "Please calm down okay. It's not what you think"

"I haven't started thinking of anything gale. And you don't want me to start thinking" I replied. "You have until the end of the month. If you still want this relationship"

"Are you serious?"

"I never joke about things this serious you know that"

"Andrew, please just don't do this okay"

"The longer you stay away, the more I stop giving a damn. It's up to you"

I wanted her here! With me not where ever she might have found herself. For the last half an hour she hadn't given me one reason, one bloody reason why she wasn't here as yet. Exams were over and I was reaching my limit. I was fair, she didn't have me to distract her and I never called until I was sure she was either home or she texted me. This was my last straw.

"I'll get there when I can"

"You don't have to make it at all if you don't want to"

She sobbed. I don't know why but there was no f*** of a way I was going to apologize for what I said. She had until the end of the month, no more no less.

My day was completely ruined. Instead of going to the shop I stayed home. I couldn't do any work feeling like this and I wasn't in any mood for company. To distract myself I grabbed the gloves from the closet, a few cleaning agents and went to work around the house before heading outside with the lawnmower.

I walked pass the little terrier, kitty uninterested with it and he stood there wagging its tail wanting to play. If it could find gale and bring her here, that's the game I'd be interested in playing but I doubt the little mutt even left the scheme so I'd be of no use. It followed me through the back door into the kitchen and sat with me on the carpet as I attempted to watch a movie. Attempted. I left him about five minutes later and went to sleep.