chapter fifty eight

"Hello!"

Gracious another one.

"How nice to see you!"

Now why do I think I suddenly don't like the sound of that?

I moved forward with the boxes in my hand allowing the door to slowly close after removing my feet from being the wedge. This was what I got for deciding that I'd help Mrs. Henderson out with the boxes, well, that and the fact that I made a new set over the weekend. The woman, short, brunette, hair reaching to her lower back, curved hips and fully endowed in the breasts department walked over to me with a smile. I stared at her a little too long than originally intended, wondering how the hell she was even real.

I didn't ask, but even when the proximity between us filled out I still couldn't help but wonder.

The community house was filled with women I noticed, half that I didn't recognize, especially this one that was standing next to me. I felt her lingering gaze, something I wished she'd had the dignity to stop doing. Dropping the boxes to the ground I scanned the room a final time. I couldn't find her though and something told me having more than a good bye conversation with this woman would lead to me regretting it.

"Have you seen Mrs. Henderson?" I asked actually genuinely needing the answer. I would have liked to give her the boxes personally but if she wasn't here, leaving them with a caretaker would have to do since they were never returning with me.

"Sally? Yeah" she replied.

I waited patiently for her to get her but she didn't stir just continued to stare with a smile.

"Can you get her?" my eyes traced to the position of the boxes. "She's supposed to get these"

"No" she shook her head. "I don't know where she's at in this huge place right now"

How convenient.

I glanced around in the room in despair realising there were no men present, it didn't take long for me to understand why the well all men ran suddenly dry on this side of buildings, if I knew this was how it would be, I'd never come myself. Brian would. I'd make him.

"Andrew?"

I turned to see Jill who was standing in her mom attire, a full on dress in her soiled apron, and flat shoes, her black hair caught in a bun.

"Hey"

"What are you doing here?"

"Dropping off some boxes for Sally"

"Oh" she scanned the room. "No telling where she might be now, you want me to take those from your hands?"

"Gladly" I replied.

Jill smiled gesturing to the boxes. "But there's no way you expected me to carry them right? Be a gentleman and walk to the back, there's plenty of space there"

They weren't all that heavy, one was mostly pieces of Gale's clothing she left when she hurried out of the house, towels, curtains. Yes I took every damn thing down.

"He's Sally's andrew?" The brunette asked, her eyes growing much bigger than previously taking in my figure.

Jill nodded enthusiastically. "Handsome isn't he?"

Both women giggled shamelessly walking behind me, taking loudly then falling off to a whisper again. Reaching the back as they suggested, I dropped the boxes among the others feeling the need to just escape. At this point I felt like I overstayed my welcome and I wagered being in hell was much more pleasant than hearing two women acting like children.