Chapter fifty one

I took a break at nine thirty, after unsuccessfully getting our argument off my mind. I fished my phone from the office and leaned against the desk waiting for her to pick up after dialing her number. It rang twice then went to voice mail. repeating, I got the same result as the last time, then she stopped the call. She was still pissed with me no less. But if she didn't pick up she wouldn't hear what I had to say! I started dialing blondie's number but then ended the call. There was no need to drag her into something that was between me and kendall.

I went home and headed for the shower preparing for dinner with the Henderson's. I couldn't weasel my way out of this one. It was either I went or they came and seeing the last time I spoke with the Mrs. I hadn't told her Gale was gone and I'd rather to avoid that conversation at all costs. Viewing my reflection in the mirror I realized, it had been a while since I last shaved. Great. I wasn't even acting myself now. I grabbed the gillette, after smearing the the shaving scream over my face and patiently removing the hairs. I was single not dying which was more than what I could say for some people so there was no need to let made not now anyways. No, I shook my head no ever. If still go to the gym and the stupid feeling of loneliness and loss would eventually go away, it had to even if I'd have to force it.

My first welcome was from kitty, he barked loudly at me at the door while I scrubbed my face with my hands wondering if I couldn't just walk back and forget about all this. Ofcourse, I'd have Mrs. Henderson at the house by the morning, and her husband during the day. No going to happen.

"Andrew" said Mrs. Henderson as she opened the door, shooing kitty back side from my side. "He's very excited to see you I see" she smiled radiantly tonight. I needed to bide my time wisely.

"Right" I replied stepping away from her embrace. "Hope you don't mind, I brought wine"

"No, not at all, I'll get some I've to go with it" she said as I handed it over. I walked to the dining area where her husband sat waiting on us to return. Henry was immersed in his news paper, the news section no less, he folded the sports section and handed it to me as I sat down, the terrier at my leg with its tongue hanging from his head.

"Better get comfortable" Henry warned looking at me from over his glasses, shed going to be a while, whenever she disappears into that place.

I nodded grateful for the silence none the less. I scratched the back of kitty's eat as he say watching both of us. He wasn't so bad when he wasn't taking my shoes. In fact, today was the first I'd seen him since kenzy left. He likes her alot, maybe because she played with him and spoilt him carrying him around in her hands all day.

"You need any help with that?" I asked looking up to see Sally struggling with dishes in her tray. She nodded and I moved quickly from my hair in time to catch the tray before it collapse from her hands.

" I keep telling ya, to only take what you can manage woman"

"Oh, stop being a worry watt Henry, Andrew caught it before it fell"

Her husband mumbled inaudible shaking his head as he his the newspaper from view.

Dinner was silent was we are but I could feel the tension in the room. Everything was too quiet, even for Henry. Kitty walked away to his bed spinning around a few times biting at his tail before settling to sleep. I dipped my wine slowly feeling the atmosphere under more tension from the pressure of deafening silence.

"I hear their planning on placing a fencing up around the lake" I said intersecting some form of release.

Henry nodded as he wiped his mouth preparing to speak.

"We're planning to do something but it's not a fence per say" he explain.

"What is then?" I asked spinning the liquid in the glass while covertly glancing at Sally realising that her mind was elsewhere .