Chapter twenty six

Re:// back to an original place, condition

Back to square one. Inspiration nil.

Writing - sub par

Number of words completed - nada.

Knowing how you'd want a story to end is rather easy, getting it to end that way however, was a different story. Everything had to make sense. A perfect story can't be slashed together and I've written the ending to this story over three times now and every time I've tried to see things play out I throw the script away.

Another day at the lake, wood peckers were busy chipping away at the trees, birds fluttered around yelling to each other and only a moment ago I had the rare opportunity of seeing a canoe hosting two men roe in the distance. I was supposed to be enjoying this vacation instead I spent it alone almost always.

The thought of maverick haunted my thoughts every night and seeing that he moved on only served to screw with me a little more. My script made no progress and thus I felt like I failed myself everyday. When the thought bounced around of talking to my mother I knew I crossed the line of insanity. Only one person came to mind to distract my thoughts. Andrew. But then again he had said he'd only tolerate me being around until the van was fixed. It was, so I was no longer welcomed. Crap!

I walked into town slowly musing about my exciting life and wined that the town itself was a bad influence. There wasn't anything directly enticing apart from the lake and it's deafening silence was beginning to become more than I could any longer bear. If it wasn't for the festival only days ago, I'd wonder why people managed to like it here, I mean apart from the fact that they could be trying to get away from the rush of the city. I on the other hand would die for the adrenaline rush, even for a short while right now. The loud noise of a broadcaster caught my ears as people gathered near a small shop listening to what seemed like a promotion, I drew near curious since I had nothing else to do with my boring life. I caught a glimpse of Mr. Henderson as the crowd dispersed a few moments after, scanning a flyer that was hung on the notice board. A canoe race. Interesting. Finally something lively.

"You signing up darling?"

I turned to a lady that was busy placing some papers together.

"For?" I asked surprised after realising her question was directed towards me.

"The race " she replied pointing to the flyer. "You're not a town's girl, I'd be great to have one of our guests participate"

How'd she know I wasn't from here?

" Oh. No, no" I said waving my hand frantically. "I just wanted to see what the commotion was about"

"You sure? " she asked looking at me and then at the flyers. "Your eyes say their up for the challenge"

But my body knows I'll drown if the canoe turns over. I smiled at the old lady.

"No thanks"

She nodded and I left.

My feet wandered into the garage half hour later. I wasn't supposed to be here but home was lonely and happy hour at Tino's wouldn't start until about four hours later. I didn't drink either so there goes another bummer. I walked around slowly not wanting to make my presence known immediately. Brian was busy with a customer talking about some car parts that I hadn't a clue of, Philly was nowhere in sight assuming she was here and my eyes found Andrew lying under a car working assiduously, ironically singing.

Flabbergasted I stood staring at him laughing softly but yet tapping my feet against the ground. His gloved hands made contact with the exterior of the car and he pushed himself out still singing. The sound of my voice made his head turn in my direction and there endeth my entertainment. Andrew unplugged his ear buds from his ear and shook his head walking into a small area where an entire layer upon layers of tools were stored.