Chapter thirty two

"What the hell andrew!"

I sat on the sofa staring at the dramatic Lockwood who had recently burst through the door looking as if he was about to hack someone to death. I knew that was impossible because my naive friend couldn't swing a damn baseball bat hitting a ball even if he wanted to so I just placed the soda can to my lips and waited for the liquid to slide down my throat returning my eyes to the television. He'd eventually calm down when he realised I wasn't paying attention any longer.

"You damn prick!" He continued.

I kept my eyes on the screen. When was he going to realise this overreaction wasn't good for his heart, too much blood had to be pumped into his limbs and head that weren't being used for a thing. He couldn't fight either and running would do him no good in this situation. A complete waste of oxygen and energy. I rolled my eyes. I bet in a few years time they'd find him with a tumor. F**** Why the hell didn't I think about becoming a doctor in the first place? He'd be my first patient, shit, too late now.

"You're out of beer" I said looking up at him. "You're drinking soda now? At least get some good ones"

"Its not mine, it's the kid's you harassed and threatened a few hours ago" he replied catching the empty can I tossed him. " what the hell were you thinking barging in like that?"

"What'd you talking about? I opened the lock on my own"

"Lemme guess you picked the lock because that would be real typical of you"

"No" I replied. "I had my keys" I held them up for the asshole to see with a smile, picked the damn lock, I didn't think of that. I'm too old for that sorta thing anyway.

"I thought you gave it back when you left"

I shook my head. "I forgot. Came in handy today though. Where's the other kid?"

Lockwood sighed and sat down beside me. "You broke his iPod remember?"

" No" I said shaking my head. "I don't"

" Shit, your still a piece of work even now" he said sighing. "Well thanks to you he left and I had to get another person to cover the expenses"

"Yeah but there were three of us, he's the only one here"

My friend smiled. "Sure. He offered to cover the other guy's part so I'd just be the two of us"

I raised a questioning brown.

"He hates crowded places"

I nodded. He was a wimp though. Idiot got frightened when he saw me come through the door and threatened to call the police just because I wouldn't tell him who I was. In this day and age, we still had stupid people! I shook my head.

"You didn't have to threaten him you know"

"Who calls the police when someone enters the house with a key?"

"I would if I knew you didn't live here. I would definitely call especially since your much taller, bulkier-"

I held up my hands.  I was slightly mindful of my height. I worked out and my shoulders were broad enough. Just enough. It wasn't my fault that his body decided to stay small. "I'm not bulky"

"Your f***ing bulky Andrew your damn height is intimidating. I don't blame him for getting scared"

"You're overreacting"

"I had to calm him down over the phone for ten minutes, ten miutes! I only figured that it was you after he calmed down enough to give a description"

I started to laugh. Yeah that was funny.

"Its not funny" he said a smile breaking out across his face. "You're disgusting"

"Right, you're the one laughing asshole"

We settled down after making enough fun of his sissy roommate. I was tempted to ask if he'd seen him take a woman over but then I didn't, it's not my business but I was curious. I could ask him but then he might pull the funds for rent and then Lockwood would surely have my head.

"So why are you here? because I know you didn't come to see me"
I slumped in the seat and ran my hand over my knuckles frowning. The air had gotten tense and silent all together. The back of my neck started to hurt again and I knew I needed to get some sleep. The entire ride over last night I thought about it. Laying in bed I wasn't getting any sleep, it wasn't any use staying there and since she said she'd be heading back I figured I'd meet her half way. Yes I was fed up. I was going to figure out what was going on once and for all.I

"Gale" I responded finally.

He nodded. Then looked over at me. "You haven't seen her yet?"

I shook my head. " No"

He went silent again. The things was he knew how things were, I didn't need to explain it. Whatever I said or didn't he just knew.

"At this stage in the relationship your having problems unbelievable. You guys still planning on-" he stopped mid sentence.

I took a deep breath. I didn't know any more. "I don't know"

"Makes sense" he said bending over to rest his elbows against his knees. "Don't take this the wrong way but you think she's seeing someone else?"

" She said she wasn't "

But I felt like there was some half truth to her answer. An unwavering feeling I can't shake.

"What'd you think?"

"I don't want to start thinking Lockwood. Mentioning anything remotely about that to Lucy either and she breaks out in tears"

He nodded. "Figures though, she's like our little sister. Still this isn't the gale we all know. You did the right thing coming back"

Yeah, I just hoped she thought so.