Chapter forty four

I laid in the bed thinking, feeling frustrated, upset, ignorant, stupid. Gale disappeared, ignored my calls, lied to me, f***ing lied to me because of a guy that's bearly alive and counting his last breaths. The absolute ridiculousness of this situation was more than laughable. Not only that, I was the monster that made it all happen. I shook my head and massaged my temples and the back of my neck. My blood pressure was rising again. I got up and took the glass of water that I had laid on the table against the bed. This entire situation was getting to me.

I ran my hand through my hair again. I didn't have a clue how we were going to recover from this one. I was hating her, hating her because of her stupidity and selfishness. The fact that I gave her space for school only made it all the worst. She'd still find some other excuse to see him if push came to shoove. I didn't have a damn thing to do with her actions and she knew it. It was the entire reason when we got in she took refugee in the kitchen with the letter. I didn't care, I hope it racked her conscience.

Her figure made its way through our door and into the bed beside me before she turned hugging my body. I gazed down at her, feeling nothing but anger. I grabbed the pillow behind my head, removed her hand from my waist and started for the door.

"Where are you going? You barely said a word to be since we got in Andrew please don't leave me"

I paused at the door. I didn't bother to look at her just kept my eyes on the other room.

"I can't sleep with you gale, I don't want to hurt you in my sleep or otherwise because I'm past pissed off. I don't want to be around you right now" I walked off heading to the other room without listening for a response and locked the door. I locked it because I knew more than likely she'd still try to talk to me and I didn't need that right now.

The further we were from each other the better. She didn't need to see how angry I was and I truly didn't want to hurt her. This was the same room I had laid Ziploc in to sleep, how ironic that I'd have to use it myself.

I walked away from the truck I was working on and tossed the cloth I had recently dried my hand with. I couldn't function, I couldn't think straight, I couldn't work. All I could think about was what Gale did and it was eating me alive. She probably might not have cheated, not physically but it was still a stab in the back. She left me for another man, a dead man and no matter how I tried I just couldn't wrap my head around, couldn't understand it and didn't want to accept it.

I headed to the lake needing sometime to myself. I wanted us to work out, but right now, I didn't see any way out of this tunnel. The closer I got to the lake, the more I tried to decide what I was going to do. Going out on the water would probably be the best idea and maybe I'd try fishing, I wasn't the hell good at that but maybe it'd be a good distraction from my thoughts for a while. When I walked up to the boat house, I stopped, surprised to find the one person I hadn't thought of all week. Kenzy. She sat distracted with papers her ears plugged mumbling to herself. I walked over removing a earplug.

"Oh, hey andrew, I didn't see you"

"Yeah, I noticed"

She looked up at me then away, before returning her eyes to my looming figure.

"Okay, so ah, what are you doing here?"

" I'm going fishing"

"Oh, I didn't know you could fish"

"I can't"

She eyebrows shot up in surprise before her eyes darkned. " and your going finshing? How does that work?"

"I'm going to learn"

"Oh, have fun then" she said returning her eyes to her work ignoring me.

I walked off heading into the house to get a canoe and dragged it off to the edge of the lake before dropping the fish line inside. It was only when I had pushed the boat off a few meters into the water that I realized I hadn't brought any bait. If I walked back to town I wouldn't come back, just wouldn't make any damn sense. When I glanced back at kenzy, I realized she had a brown bag, more than likely she'd still have food left, she wasn't a big eater.