chapter Seventy two

Sinners://someone who has done something wrong according to religious or moral law

My eyes caught sight of a deep blue dress laid elegantly across the center of the bed, my head zipping in the direction to confirm what my eyes had seen. My eyes grew bigger, as my mouth fell, lost for words while I forgot to breathe, my gut tightening with anticipation.

The texture was silk and smooth, so soft I felt I'd died and gone to heaven.

When was the last time I wore a dress like this?

Years, too many to even recall. Maybe next to never. Everything girly was replaced by shorts, pants, leggings and large t-shirts. My breathing hitched a few times as I took it up inspecting it, glancing a few times at the door, just waiting to hear this was a prank. It was only then that I'd notice a pair of black pumps hidden at the edge of the bed.
The moment I pulled the zipper and buttoned the last strap of the stilettos, I fell back admiring my form before me.

There's just no way this could be me, I thought. She was gorgeous. I almost didn't recognize myself. I plastered on a smile that turned into hilarious nervous giggles. I almost cried. The front was low cut and the back was left exposed forcing me to go without a bra....well unless I wanted to ruin the fabulous outfit. The dress hugged the small of my hips, flowing down into a pool at my feet.

I was either still in the sofa dreaming or playing Barbie with some kid. This was crazy!
Still, taking some of the fabric into my hands I walked to the mirror, finding even more treasures. A box encased a golden necklace, beside it laid a concealer, mascara and all the works. I grinned like an idiot! I didn't have a clue how to use any of those. After dabbing a little face power, made a blush, because Philly had gotten that far in teaching me how to do it, I inhaled deeply took a step back and walked towards the exit.

"Oh my god!"

Shit!

Every syllable just kept rolling from my tongue uncontrollably as I stood transfixed in amazement at the sight before me. I'd barely made it down two stairs before my body pulled to a stop. My stomach kept twisting into knots, the longer I stared and when he finished tinkering with the cufflinks on his sleeves his blue eyes met mine. I forced myself to swallow, which was crazy because though I heard my heart beat thumbing loudly in my ear, I was sure I wasn't breathing.

My fingers trembled along my skin as I held the hem of the dress. Everything about this situation was surreal. No one should be able to look like him! How does a guy move from being hot and cheeky, to damn past ravenous! Stunning even. A small smile played on his lips, complete satisfaction flashed through his eyes. I didn't believe in fairytales though I wrote them. I was always able to tell reality from make believe but now, I was doubting myself.

He was dressed in a black and white tux that made you think this was what he wore every single minute of the day. He filled out so generously, it was hard work trying not to lick my lips and drool. Beyond the jacket laid heaven and I was desperate to run my hands over every inch of it. His hair had been cut and he'd shave too. My lips widened into a smile, as he took my hand at the end of the stair, twirling the keys over his long fingers as he ushered us through the door and into the car.

"Where are we going?" I asked glancing at him as we drove through the street.

His fingers brushed mine as he changed gears, the heat slipping under my defenses making my core warm, and the butterflies in my stomach start a dance. I did my utter best to subdue the gasp that threatened to escape me. The last thing I needed right now was for him to find out how turned on I was.

"You'll see soon enough" he responded his eyes still on the road.

Good, he hasn't noticed.