Chapter fifty four

It was two days ago since I last saw kendall. A complete two days. She didn't respond to my calls or texts, I couldn't tell if she was angry still either. The last time she was on whatsapp was the last day she walked out of the shop. She wasn't at the lake either and I desperately needed to apologize for my asshole behaviour to her. Maybe she needed time to not be upset any longer and maybe I should give her time and space, but judging by what I've seen and heard with Gale the last few weeks, space and time was the last thing I was willing to give.

However, she was a difficult case. Everything I've said over the few weeks we spent together was coming back to bite me in the ass and I had to accept it. I couldn't appeal to the fact that we were friends, I'd make it perfectly clear we weren't so now I had nothing to work with. I saw a figure approach from the corner of my eye as I worked on the bike, a woman I realised from the mirror, tall, at least from the reflection I saw, dark jeans, long hands. At first I thought it was Ziploc because Heather was more the dress or skirt type but then I saw blond hair. The woman walked pass oblivious to my presence but then returned shortly after.

"Hey Andrew " she said greeting me with a smile.

"Phillisa"

She folded her arms across her chest staring down at me.

"Brian's at the back"

"Yeah, you okay?"  The lines between her brows dressed as she frowned.

I paused straightening a stoke at the wheel. "Why, what have you heard?"

She shrugged laughing abit. "Nothing, just asking out of curiousity"

Right. Was this some sort of precedence for me to get to the mystery of where Ziploc had apparently hid herself? I knew she hated being in the house, she wouldn't go off with a complete stranger either so unless I really f***ed up, I couldn't understand where she'd be.

"Ziploc with you too?"

She frowned looking at me as if I was crazy. "No, kenzy is gone"

"What?" I asked knowing I didn't just heard what I think she said.

"That's what I said, it's no mistake. Kenzy went home" she repeated. "Didn't she tell you?"

" No" I replied. No she didn't. F***

"I can't believe she was serious about that" she mumbled to herself. As if reading the expression on my face, she straightened proceeding to explain information I wasn't privy to. "Her sister had her baby, she's went home to welcome him to the world" she said it trying to seem enthusiastic about it, but I could clearly see she wasn't at all.

"I didn't know about that either" I said.

She nodded slowly as if thinking, then her eyes diverted to the top of the shop. "Honestly, I think it's just her trying to replace Jesse" I looked up at her trying to understand what she was attempting to explain.

"With the baby" she added.  "Jesse meant everything to kendall. They both did. She did everything practically to make them happy, often late for her book submissions, avoiding family reunions, late for work. She was in love with the most selfish man I've ever known" she started to laugh hysterically. "I doubt he had as much sacrifices as she made for that relationship"

I got up wiping my hands trying to understand. I've always heard kenzy's side of the story, about him and it was all good things. Blondie however, wasn't up to saying one good thing. If I didn't know better, I'd understand her bitterness to be because they were the ones that recently went separate ways. But they weren't, her friend was.

"That's not what I heard from her"

"Oh you're not gonna heard her say it. When he left she didn't even think he'd do such a thing. She told herself, made so many excuses for him when Jesse died why he wasn't taking her calls or texts. Why he wasn't at his apartment any more" she explained. " She wasn't even crying when they broke up. It took her days to accept it. That's the reason why I knew she needed to get away"