Chapter Seventy Six

Conclusion:// a final decision or judgment : an opinion or decision that is formed after a period of thought or research

I tapped my fingers against the side of the bed as I stared at the test before me sighing. How the hell am I going to do this? I bit my lips thinking about it. Was I excited? Slightly but I was also terrified of the prospective I had before me. Would things change now between Grim and I? We hadn't discussed anything pertaining to the very far future of our lives because well, this was supposed to be in the far future of our lives. We were great momentarily, taking everything a step and a time. Everyday I grew to love him a little more and absence in our case does make the heart grow fonder. I glanced around my room, grabbing the last boxes as I heard the door to my apartment close.

"Kendall!"

" I'm coming! " I shouted back to my best friend tucking the test into my pocket and walking out greeting her at my door with a smile.

"How far along are we?"

" Ah" I say taking a thought glancing around. "Everything is supposed to be here"
She nodded grabbing a few as we place them together by the labels.

"Have you told Andrew about this?"

I glance up from my cup of coffee that I'd recently made indulging in the cream that swirled in small wisps in the dark liquid. For some crazy reason I had to have a cup or I'd be bed ridden all day. I don't know who invented this but they obviously didn't understand modern day needs.

"No" I reply to Philly taking a seat on the arm of the chair. I shrugged placing the mug to my mouth. "He'll be fine"

"That man is going to kill you, one of these days you know that?"

I laughed. Maybe, but he'll get over it.

We walked out placing my bag into the back of the uber I had called earlier, taking a final glance at my apartment. Moving again wasn't something I had planned on in the last couple months but now, now I didn't have a choice. I would miss the memories of Jesse there, yeah even now nine months and two weeks later, I still thought about her. No one except Phillisa knew I was leaving again. I'd taken pains to avoid letting my family in on that secret. Kat would kill me and try to persuade me using Clarke, dad would tell me to reconsider while mom will just never understand. I was doing this because I felt it right this time. And what I saw this morning proved me right. I had to do this.

"Are you sure you don't want me to take you?" Asked my bestfriend watching me heart half broken that we'd be apart again. My Philly, my half of hearts.

Walking over, I enveloped her in a large warm hug, hearing her sob a final time.
"I'm not going that far Philly, I'm only one call away"

"What about the other boxes?" She asks wiping her tears away. "What's going to happen to them?"

"The moving truck is coming within a hour or so, they'll take them to my new place" I say helping her with her tears.

"I can't believe you're moving away again, and this time you won't tell me where to" she attempts to laugh while the tears still spill and I feel my heart clench. This wasn't the parting scene I'd hoped to see. "It feels like you're running away, like I won't ever see you again Kendall"

Again I hug her, patting her back like a child. Yup, I'm getting practice. "You're not getting rid of me that easy philly, who's gonna threaten Grim?"

My best friend pulls away, laughing, her nose pink, eyes red and puffy. I wasn't going to ever find a friend like her I realised, but I was oddly content with that. She was all I ever needed, all I ever had and that was enough for me.