Chapter thirty five

Deja vu:// the illusion of remembering scenes and events when experienced for the first time

"Your back" I whispered to a frowning andrew. He stood staring at a car with a soiled cloth in his hand. He was staring at the car but I could tell he wasn't really thinking about it, in fact when he finally came to, his eyes held surprise that I was even there.

"Yeah" he mumbled back. "I know you'd missed me".

Whoa. What was that? Is Andrew flirting with me? No. He's just being sarcastic.

" I didn't miss you" I responded pretending to be offended. "Brian was great company"

"Right, right" he said nodding. "That explains why he only saw you once right, I mean apart from today"

My mouth fell, Brian snitched on me? Seriously? I frowned. "I didn't expect you back this soon"

I rolled my eyes knowing that was used to deflect what he'd said before. I wasn't expecting him back this early honestly. It's only been what, thirty six hours since he'd been away? surely being apart from my other half for an extended period couldn't be choked into two days.

He was silent just walking around. Something was wrong definitely, he wasn't even grimacing just frowning. Something was definitely off with Andrew today.

"Hey" I said laying a hand on his arm. He glanced over at me a question marring his face. It went something like: "what is it ziploc?" I smiled knowing I tried to miminic his rough voice and failed. "I know what'd cheer you up, a song"

"No"

I smiled ignoring him going through my phone for the song I had downloaded and hit play. When the music started my smile grew wider seeing that he had recognised the song. Four seasons of loneliness by boysIImen.

"Ziploc, no"

I giggled stepping backwards as he moved towards me trying to take my phone. I started humming and laughing, then singing and bopping my head all the while taking backwards steps from the approaching andrew.

"Ziploc" said Andrew eying me furiously. "Stop the music"

"No. I dare you to sing and be happy for once"

"No, stop the music"

"You know you wanna sing it" I teased.

"Kenzy"

I started to laugh harder when my little teasing turned into a chase around the garage. I had to run between cars, jump boxes and try to elude him around what seemed to be a tricycle? He caught me mid way running to the office. I stood laughing as he pulled the cell from my hands.

"I can't believe you won't sing it"

"I sing only for me"

"Bumber" I replied still laughing. "Wait, Andrew is that a smile, did you smile a while ago?"

"No"

I stared up at him still laughing and he gave me a small wink that made me giggle.

"Well this isn't something you hear everyday, laughter coming from this garage"

We both turned to see a female figure behind us. The music ended abruptly as Andrew hit the stop button and I felt my stomach fall as the easiness of the environment disappeared. Andrew stepped away from me putting space between us as Heather drew near with a small bag. Lunch for Andrew no less.

"Sorry, I know I slacked off a few days but I'm here now, I hope your hungry" she said smiling widely at Andrew who obviously from where I stood wasn't very happy seeing her here.

I bit into my lip and fiddled with my fingers as I felt the tension rise between all three of us. I felt Heather's eyes on me and when I didn't I knew they were directed at Andrew. It was understandable, he was rogueishly handsome, had a solid body from what I've encountered and despite being a pain was helpful so I could more than understand the attraction between them.

"I'll leave you two to it" I said becoming tired of feeling like a third wheel. I had purposed to go home but wound up in his office instead. I peeked through the blinds at them. They talked a little before he turned away. I'm not gonna lie and say I wasn't happy realising that he hadn't taken her gift, I was. Elated actually, who knows, she might have laced it with some form of love potion of some sort.

I pulled myself from the window feeling my gut twist. Why the hell did I feel jealous over this? I dropped my body into the chair at his desk moping. It has got to be the heat getting to me to be jealous over two people who have know each other for a much longer time than I've know them. If anything Heather would be a great choice if his relationship didn't work out God forbid but- my gut twisted again thinking about it. Did Andrew really like Heather that much? He didn't deny not liking her and if Brian's logic was correct then he should. My hands started to shake and my mouth went dry. I jumped a little, startled from my thoughts as the door swung open and Andrew stood above me slightly agitated.

"Why did you leave?"

I blinked. "Uh you had company, I didn't want to....interrupt" I said hesitantly.

He gave me a long stare for a moment before taking a breath. "I don't want to be alone with her"

My eyes widened. "Oh okay"

He stood still for a while his face slightly contorted before he took a few steps then stumbled. Shocked I jumped from the chair rushing over to him but he wasn't moving.

"Andrew! Andrew!" I called trying to help him up. When he didn't stirr, I started to panic. "Heather, help!"

------------------'--'
Authors notes:

My roomie just gave me the shock of life not knowing boys2men !like seriously😤

Complete and utter 💔

Seems like we've got a problem guys😅

What would you do in her situation? please Check out the video.....I dunno kinda thought it was appropriate.....but if you have another don't hesitate to shoot

Thanks for reading, charms💕