Chapter sixty nine

Fate:// an inevitable and often adverse outcome, condition, or end

I checked to ensure the edge of the towel was secure down the side before glancing at myself in the mirror exiting the bathroom. I had to pass Grim's room I reminded myself reaching the door and peeking out. My body let out a heavy sigh realising I hadn't a clue where in the house he was at the moment and I'd be blood red if he caught me rushing into my room.

Glancing both ways like a kid about to bolt across a busy street, I dashed to my room, having escaped seeing him. The moment my two feet fell without the threshold of the door, I swung it, breathing heavy as my eyes closed leaning against it. I couldn't help feeling clever that he wasn't able to get a peak and I knew he'd peak. He'd stare too. I grinned, not today Andrew!

"What are you doing?"

My eyes flew open, a husky voice making its way to my ear, a low squeak escaping my lips and I clung to my towel my chest tightening.

What! What was he doing here!

He wasn't supposed to!

I bit into my lip as he stood near the bed frowning, slightly irritated that he had the audacity to interrupt my plans. I just tapped myself on the shoulder for being smart. Hell! Now he was the clever one.

"What are you doing in here!" I shrieked seeing how his eyes roamed over my half naked figure with lust, shifting even more uncomfortably as his eyes stayed on one spot for some time. My nipples immediately felt tender and the brush of the soft towel against them sending shivers down my spine. It didn't help that my body gathered warmth from his gaze. Shit!. Not safe, not safe!

"Fresh covers" he finally replied meeting my eyes again this time a dirty smile on his face. "Are you trying to seduce me?"

" In your dreams" I blushed running over to him and nudging him towards the door. "Get out!"

I slammed the door shut leaning against it, out of breath. His laughter travelled through the door and it made me smile. Sighing I walked over to my bag grabbing a wipe. He had no idea what he did to me.

The wind whispered through the window as I laid upside down on the bed. Andrew's footsteps had dissipated awhile now and the house was enveloped in silence again. My eyes were strained on the quarter moon that was peaking into the room sending a grey glare over the furniture and my body. My curls grazed against my forehead bobbing in the wind as I fought against my thoughts to leave the room. Last time I slept here, right in this room I wasn't even aware of it, now I was wide awake, my body seeming to have no intention of ever going to sleep and I was busy having debates within my mind.

My body craved his. No, not like that...well....no! Not like that. I craved his presence, the fact that he placed my mind at ease. Even for a little bit. The time apart I thought would be therapeutic, to get us to deal with tolerating each other. Knowing that we were within the confines of the same space yet were able to not be all over each other.

I groaned, I was breaking apart though. I wanted to be with him. Why did the idiot ever agree to such a thing? Stupid Grimm! I groaned even louder flopping back into the bed beating it with my fists.

Okay enough of the drama, I got up straightened my blouse and strutted to his room.

Reaching the door, I realised his light was still on.

He wasn't asleep yet?

Taking a deep breath, I turned the knob finding him watching the door at the edge of his bed.

My tummy tightened immediately seeing him.

Was he waiting for me?

His navy blue shirt highlighted his eyes and contrasted with his sun tanned skin. The more I stood at the door watching him, the more my heart raced just visualizing the feel of his muscle ripped arms along my body. I felt my gut twist even more as my thoughts ran wild.

Get it together kenzy

He hadn't said a word even then, only continued to watch me as the door slipped from my hand clicking shut. I jumped a little at the sound and I knew at this point there was no turning back. Andrew's eyes glided from my naked thighs up over my all too prominent busts coming to test on my lips, a smile on his handsome face.

"Hey" I said breathing as if I was losing air being with him.

His hands moved to my hips pulling me into his arms in a smooth, quick move, causing me to let out a squeal of surprise.

"What took you so long?" He asked.

I was sure my face changed to bright red. God, his voice. The huskiness of his voice made him so damn sexy, and it wasn't just because he was wearing boxers or the fact that he was unbelievably hard right now. The warmth of his breath, drizzled against my skin sending firecrackers along my spine. I hadn't even realised I'd felt cold until his warm body closed its proximity to mine.

"Oh, well, I thought you were sleeping" I said lifting my head.

There was no way he'd ever know I missed him.

"Well, I am going to sleep now" he replied his fingers stroking my cheeks causing me to gaze up at him.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The warmth in Andrew's eyes and the kindness as much as sarcasm that was in his words left me speechless. In a thousand years I'd never imagine I'd end up with someone like him. Someone as arrogant as much as annoying but yet so unbelievably sweet.

I leaned into his hand closing my eyes momentarily giving in to his caress. I was scared as much as I was tempted to let myself go with him not wanting to make myself vulnerable, accessible to anyone- to hurt that much again. But if I didn't take a chance, I'd probably loose out on my own happy ever after and he didn't deserve the bitterness I had for another man.

"Maybe I should go then" I replied sighing heavily opening my eyes to meet his again.

A low rumble echoed from him as he enveloped me falling backwards on the bed. The last thing I remember was his moist lips on mine before he invaded my mouth, his hands moving slowly against my thighs and his fingers wrapped around my skin squeezing it. I groaned pulling him in further, his kiss growing harder and even more ferocious.

"I'm happy sleeping like this actually" he said against my ear breaking out caress.

"Well, I mean we at least need to get the light" I said making an excuse.

His hands wrapped tighter around my body pulling me closer as if he expected us to mesh together somehow.

"They turn off automatically once you don't move" he replied his voice soft and I knew immediately he was slipping away.

I snuggled closer smiling as I watched him sleep.

"Good night grim" I whispered. "Thank you".