Chapter seventy one

Desire:// to express a wish for

My feet took me back through the house and up the stairs after searching for grim to no avail. I was left home alone, another day in his house, and I was steaming with malice! It wasn't the fact that he left me sleeping without saying a word, or the fact that he's been tipping around the house preoccupied with everything. The only attention I got was when he kissed me good night heading to bed. He didn't even realize how much I twisted and squeezed my legs together just to keep composed.

My feet stomped on the steps heading into the room grabbing my phone on the bed table. I was flaming with rage and I needed someone to agree with me, to say I was right- which I was. He's so damn inconsiderate to a guest. Dammit!

"He forgot my birthday philly!" I hollered into the phone hearing her pick up. " can you believe the nerve of him forgetting my birthday! Leaving me all alone in the house. He didn't even wake me up! Ugh! "

She sat silently listening to me rant on.

"You'd think he'd be a lot nicer making me his girlfriend but still -"

" Wait what? "

"He just disappears on me. I mean I'm not expecting him to change or anything, he's the same jerk I know him to be -"

" Kenzy"

I kept on ranting pouring out my frustration into her ear about him.

"Kenzy, kenzy!"

My head snapped back from my trance hearing her call out to me.

"Kenzy"

" Yes? "

"Andrew asked you to be his girlfriend?" She asked, disbelief lacing her words as they fell to my ear.

I bit my lip.

"Well no....not in so many words.....I mean if that's what he intends on doing, he's making lousy progress at the moment".

"Have you guys had sex yet? "

"What!" I sputtered. What did sex have to do with any of this?  "No".

Philly had the knack of asking the weirdest questions at the worse time making me uncomfortable in any given situation. I can never get used to her blunt behaviour of getting to the bottom of things at the very moment.

"Why not?" She asked dryly as if it was something expected of me.

"Um" I answered my face burning remembering what almost happened at the boat house and much more recently here, in this very room.

My core started to throb at the thought of him doing much more and I swallowed deeply squeezing my thighs together as I felt a gush of wetness fall through. My nipples immediately began to hurt and I slightly cursed Philly for her lack of timing.

"Because" I answered hoping she hadn't taken note of the long pause of our conversation, nor the fact that my voice was starting to sound squeaky. "I...." God this was so hard. I didn't know why he never ventured further, I knew he was interested and the last time, he'd been sweet enough to ask. Was it because I turned him down? He didn't know how hard that was when my entire body was screaming for him. "We just haven't gotten to that....besides it's not that important"

My best friend laughed hysterically as if I crazy, or completely naive to the world.

"I didn't expect anything much from you, in fact that's your typical response. But not touching you or getting something on....I didn't expect that from him" I could picture her shaking her head, her manicured nails across her speckled nose. It was her typical "You're completely hopeless" look and I've been getting it since her first date with Carter that I was dragged along to.