intro: her

The cold morning breeze woke me up. It was already 10 in the morning in the middle of April here in Universal City, California and I wish I could just enjoy the summer like my sister.

After taking a bath, my phone buzzed. My sister, Katie, was calling me which I gladly answered.

"Unnie! I'll be arriving later. Don't forget!"

"Relax, Katie. I'm not that old to forget." I chuckled. My little sister's too excited to come in the city I'm currently working at.

"But you might be busy later that you'll forget, Jisoo." Even when I couldn't see her, I could imagine her pouting like a baby.

"I won't." I said, "Work's only half day today. I'll be home before you get here."

" Good! I'll end this now. Say hello to Jinyoung for me! "

My name is Kim Jisoo although my American name is Veronica Kim, V for short. I'm 22 years old, a Mass Communication student from Clairemont High University in San Diego, California. The University recently gave an opportunity to students, of any course, who wanted to work to different companies for 3 weeks where they can get paid at the end of month.

So for the past week, I've been working at Universal Studios Hollywood, together with students from different courses. Every week, we're to change the ride or attraction we're assigned to. Last week, I was at the Walking Dead attraction with my best friend, Jinyoung. However, the company gave us a weekend off to rest.

With that, Katie, my half-sister, decided to visit me and convinced me to go to this festival that she badly wanted to go. I obliged, since it was Katie's father who insisted to pay, telling us that it's his advanced birthday gift for her, and that I should just go with Katie to be her chaperone.

"Jisoo, we're assigned to be at the World Famous Studio tour!" Chaeyoung, a friend of mine from the same course, greeted me when I arrived with Jinyoung at the theme park.

"Jinjja? I've been wanting to go there!" I exclaimed in excitement.

"We can have fun there on our free time. Let's try to see your acting skills!" Lisa, another student from our University but from the Business Management Course, added happily. 

"Our Jisoo-ya here would be a great model and actress one day. I'm looking forward to it," Jinyoung said, smiling at me. My best friend likes to compliment me when he's got the chance but this time around, I didn't feel comfortable with what he said.

"I don't think I'd be a good actress," I said, shaking my head.

"You so can! You just need some training." Jennie, another friend of mine from the Business Management course, tried to cheer for me too.

Since the nearest university in our neighborhood doesn't have any course related to performing arts, Jinyoung and I ended up in the Mass Communication course. We both wanted to perform but his parents didn't want him to and I couldn't leave my mom behind here. So in our last year in college, we decided that it's time to choose what career we'd like to pursue.

---

"Good morning, everyone!" Chaeyoung and I enthusiastically greeted the people in line before us but they didn't respond loudly, much to our disappointment. "Oh, come on, you can yell louder than that. We said, Good morning!" she added with a big smile on her face, ever the lively girl I met since we started being friends

The people now greeted us back with a smile.

"My name is Chaeyoung, you can call me Chaeng." he then made a hand gesture, signalling me to speak next.

"And I'm V, and we'd like to welcome you to the Tom Sawyer's Island rafts! Now, our rafts are the only way over to Tom Sawyer's Island, which really is an island. It is completely surrounded by the Rivers of America..." I said, never forgetting to smile as I spoke to the customers.