rehearsal

Rehearsal Day 1

Before I went to the rehearsal, I ate my breakfast with my boyrfriend in a nearby cafe.

"I'm really nervous, " I told him as we ate.

"I'll be with you the whole day, don't worry." he said reassuringly, drinking his hot chocolate.

"What if I mess up?" 

"Then the director will tell you what you need to improve." 

I sighed. "Just thinking about it is hard enough. I suddenly feel the need to back out now." 

Taehyung dropped his fork on his plate and placed his hand over mine, "You're not backing out now. You've already gone this far." 

"Alright," was all I managed to say.

We arrived at the building where the London Fashion Week will take place. The room was huge and there were lots of people running around to do their jobs.

I scanned the place and found Mr. Gobbetti. As if on cue, the CEO also noticed my presence and walked towards me and Taehyung with a tall man with glasses. 

"Ms. Jisoo, good day!" CEO Gobbetti said, and looked at the boy standing beside me. "Aren't you familiar..." 

"I'm Kim Taehyung, her, uh, friend." Taehyung introduced himself and offered his hand for a handshake.

Back in the cafe, we agreed to tell other people that we were just friends hanging out in Paris because... Well, it's fashion week, and we're both acquainted with fashion - him an ambassador, and me a model.

"Ah! You're one of Celine's ambassadors, am I right?" 

Taehyung shyly nodded. 

"This is Angelo Alessi, the overall director of the fashion week," Mr. Gobbetti introduced the man beside him.

"You two look good together! Why don't you try to model too?" Angelo Alessi suggested with a grin.

Taehyung and I looked at each other and smiled. 

"I'd love to," he immediately said.

"But you have different brands to promote, sadly." The man frowned.

"My contract with Celine is ending soon, " Taehyung said. "You can get me if you want."

"Then call me when your contract ends, then I'll make sure you get that photoshoot with your friend here, " Mr. Gobbetti laughed.

"Thank you," Taehyung replied and grinned at me.

I shook my head as I try to hide my smile. 

"It's almost time to rehearse." Angelo Alessi called the others before turning to Taehyung. "You can watch your friend from that seat over there, Mr. Kim." 

He said the word friend as if he's onto us, it made me feel even more nervous.

Even so, Taehyung was ushered to a nearby seat to watch.

Before my turn, I observed the models do their catwalk fiercely with only little mistakes.

"Jisoo, you're next," Angelo shouted from the front.

I tried to walk fiercely, like what I learned from my practices back in California.

Behind Angelo, I saw Taehyung cheering for me. He was dancing randomly and making funny faces that I couldn't hold my smile any longer. 

"Jisoo, don't smile!" Angelo yelled, making Taehyung stop and stifle a laugh behind him.

The first day of rehearsal went quite good (except for the part when the director yelled at me for smiling, even when Taehyung apologized to Angelo for trying to make me less nervous). Good thing Angelo understood his intentions. 

For the rest of the week, I've rehearsed with professional models from different brands.

Taehyung didn't come with me every day though, since he planned on meeting his friend here in London. It actually bothered me who this friend was until I asked him the day before he met the friend. 

"Who are you meeting tomorrow?" 

"Just a friend," he casually said as he scrolled down on instagram.

"Just a friend?" I mocked. "I need a specific name." 

"Why? You don't even know a lot of Kpop idols, so why bother asking?" he said, looking at me straight in the eye. 

My blood boiled in irritation. 

"Kim Taehyung, I'm going to ask you one more time," I said as calmly as I could. "Who are you meeting tomorrow? I want a name." 

He stared at me and sighed. "Fine, you win. I'm meeting Baekhyun." 

"Baekhyun? From EXO?" I asked, trying to hide the excitement in my voice.

"I just wanted to see if you'll get jealous," he said. "You kinda did though hehe" 

"Is it really him?"

"Yes. He'll be sitting beside me during the Fashion Week together with Junmyeon." 

"Suho's in London too?" 

He glared at me. "Yes. Didn't you see his comment on your post?" 

I shook my head innocently.

"Don't bother replying to that guy."

"You don't have to tell me. I'm not planning to, anyway," I said and stuck my tongue out.

Taehyung pat my head as we continued checking our phones before he went back to his room with Jinyoung.