home (bonus chapter pt. 1)

Kim Taehyung's POV

A lot of people call me a social butterfly. I'd agree to that, yeah, but whenever I feel something's off, my vibe to socialize also turns off. So when I see all the artists gathering around us, BTS, and exaggeratedly try to talk to us, take a picture with us, post it in their social media accounts, THEN never talk to us again, I had enough. Not to mention that I was scrolling through my phone and accidentally read comments about my bad singing or dancing.

That day, during the Music Festival, I did what I wanted to do for a long time; just try to breathe, without all the familiar people surrounding me and asking if I'm okay when I'm obviously not.

And that's when I met her, Jisoo, the girl who saved me from getting punched in the face just because I was a Korean singer in a Western country. At first, I thought that she's just a sasaeng waiting for the right time to make me notice her by the way she dragged me out of the scene, but when she started talking to me casually and fangirling about my group, I knew I had to befriend her. It was only a plus that I've already seen her the day before the event, at Starbucks, when she was called V.

When we were at that restaurant filming for our Bangtan Bomb video, I grabbed the chance to talk to her. However, when she snapped at me, I felt like I really was overstepping my boundaries. After all, we've only just met, briefly too.

"Taehyung-ssi" she yelled. That was really unexpected but I managed to compose myself and not feel giddy just by walking back to her and even talk to her as I walked her home. That night, I knew being friends with her is fun, but I found myself wanting more than that.

"Let's have a bet!" Jin hyung said after we were done filming at the amusement park

"What bet, hyung?" asked our maknae

"Whether V could get Miss V to come with us today" he answered, laughing at his idea

"Ya! Don't make fun of our Taehyungie here, he's in love for the first time." Namjoon hyung placed his arm around my shoulders

"I can do it." I stated with a determined tone but with my blank expression just to hide how excited I was to meet her again

"I'll bet." it was Yoongi hyung this time, "He can't do it."

Jin hyung laughed again, "I bet he can. Loser has to pay up 3 dollars."

"Deal."

I was determined but was losing hope if I could really pull it off, until Hobi hyung volunteered to help me come up with an excuse. It was a gesture that I highly appreciated. 

I almost bounced in happiness when I managed to get her out of her shift, but got ahold of myself when I saw her, dressed casually in a white dress. I needed to keep my cool.

Days passed after that day, I still maintained our contact with each other. Strange, how Jisoo made me feel all tingly every time she replies or calls me, especially when she video calls me; seeing her face keeps me satisfied and makes my day after a long practice.

When Jisoo got sick, I ALMOST went berserk. She didn't reply to me for a day nor does she answer my calls, that I only felt relieved when she finally answered, though it was from her eomma.

Another problem occurred when I heard a male's voice when I called Jisoo. I knew she was in a different house doing their thesis, but somehow, knowing that he's with another boy made me jealous.

I knew I wasn't in the position to feel that, and I knew I'm the problem for not telling how I about her but still, it made me agitated during practices.

"Be lowkey cause Miss V's looking at you now." Jungkook whispered to me when we were in an interview with Ellen Degeneres

Forgetting about Jungkook telling me to be discreet, I looked around to find a set of eyes staring at me; the only pair I love to look for in a crowd. Jisoo smiled at me, making my heart leap in return. The interview went well after that.