sorting hat

The next morning, my friends kept on asking me why I left them last night. I repeatedly answered them that my stomach ached after my mom called me, I'm just not sure if they bought it, especially Jinyoung.

My best friend didn't talk to me even when we arrived at Universal Studios after eating breakfast with the others. I figured I'd just have to talk to him at lunch break.

Unfortunately, in our last rounds, I'm still stuck with Parker on being in charge in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. He's a Potterhead too.

"What house are you in?" Parker asked as we were reading the rules of this ride.

"I'm in Gryffindor."

"Really? I'm in Slytherin," he answered confidently.

"It shows," I replied, grinning at him.

We both did our jobs when the theme park opened. Both of us greeted the guests and told them the rules as well as the other things they needed to know.

On our lunch break, I found Jinyoung talking to Jennie, who he's partnered with in his last rounds. Both were laughing and enjoying their lunch so I decided to let them be. With that resolution, I went back to Parker who was eating his lunch along with the older permanent employees.

"Where have you been?"

"I went to see Jinyoung but I saw him with Jennie already."

"Jinyoung's just your best friend, isn't he?" asked Parker.

"Yes, Parker. How many times will I have to tell you that?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Then why aren't you going out with Parker?" Ms. Phoebe, the employee assigned with us in our given attraction, asked.

I couldn't answer, nervous at how she directly asked me the question when we were with a lot of our seniors.

"Phoebe, it's not right to pressure the kid. She's still young." Ross, our senior who's assigned to The Walking Dead attraction, commented.

"Aren't you 22 already?" Rachel, assigned to Fast and Furious Supercharged, asked.

"I am. But I-" I started to defend myself but was cut off by another co-worker.

"Let her be. Maybe she likes someone else," Monica said and winked at me.

"Looks like it," Chandler agreed with his girlfriend.

"Come on. Don't hurt my poor Parker. I thought we were all friends here. Have some consideration, people," Joey, one of the playboys from our seniors, said.

"It's ok. I can wait. We're still in the same school for the whole year after all." Despite the awkward conversation, Parker still managed to laugh it all off.

"That's my boy!" Joey said, patting Parker's back.

When we were going back to our respective rides, we saw a group of women running towards a crowd of people.

"How you doin'?" Joey asked a girl who just hurriedly passed by us.

"Oooh. Better luck next time, Mr. Tribianni," Parker teased the older guy to which we all laughed.

"I wonder why there's a crowd out there though. Does the Jurassic World ride commonly have that lot of people?"

"I'm not sure..." I answered.

Although I'm pretty sure who was going to ride there.

Parker and I went back to our spot with Phoebe, the park's still packed anyway. After a few people came in, cameramen started fixing their things around the entrance of our ride.