read

On our last Friday in the company, we were tasked to practice our dialogues in front of a camera. One "lucky" student would be chosen to report the local news alongside the professional reporters.

In the end, I didn't get the part. It wasn't that big of a deal for me because I'd still get to graduate after this. The only problem is our thesis paper, which we still haven't finished editing yet.

It was already the first week of June when we finally had full time to finish our papers. However, our professor was giving us a hard time in revisions in our Chapter 4. Jinyoung cursed her for telling us to pass a 10-paged Results and Discussion to be passed on the second week of June.

I was really immersed in doing my part of the paper when Chaeyoung opened a topic.

"I already told Jimin that I knew it was him."

I looked at her and said, "Why?"

"I can't help it. I can't lie to him. He's been so sweet in our texts, I want to call him by his name by now," she explained.

"What did he say after that?"

"He didn't reply. It's been three days since I told him I knew. He never answered."

"I'm sorry. Maybe he's been busy. You know, with their tour in Italy."

"Maybe," she said, pouting. "Anyway, let's just continue our work here."

With that, I texted Jimin.

I didn't get a reply either

I was stretching my arms after typing for hours when Chaeyoung whispered to me,  "V, Taehyung's calling you."

I looked at the phone on the table. We're currently at Mark's condominium unit to finish our paper. The paper is due on Friday and we wanted to finish it 2 days before the deadline to make sure if there are other revisions. So this Wednesday night, we decided to sleep in his unit since we thought that we'll finish it later than we expected.

"I'll take this first. Sorry," I whispered back.

The two boys were busy with their own laptops in the other room while Chaeng and I are in the living room.

I went outside the unit to answer Tae's call.

"Chichuuu," he started

"Hi Tae. What's up?"

"Bang PD nim told us that we're going to have our interview with Ellen Degeneres."

I jumped in excitement. "When?"

"On Friday. Can we meet before that?"

"Oh," I said. "That's the deadline of the paper we're working on, remember? We'll be waiting at school if our paper's accepted to be defended."

"Really? Then call me if you're available. We'll just be in our hotel anyway."

"Sure. I promise."

"Good luck on your paper!! Fighting!" he cheered.

"Thanks, Tae."

"V? What are you doing?" I heard Mark's voice behind me, not noticing that he went outside too.

I looked behind and smiled at him. "I'm talking to my sister."

"Oh. Go to my room after that. We have to discuss something."

"Sure."

Mark left after that and took my laptop to go inside his room with Chaeyoung.

I placed my phone on my ear again to say goodbye to Taehyung but the line's dead already.

It was odd for him to just end the call like that. He never even does that when he's busy. He always says goodbye to me.

I texted him, asking him why he suddenly ended the call.

Taehyung just left me on read.