overload

We came back to our university in San Diego after our final weeks of work. For our last semester of our 4th year, we were tasked to spend 180 hours on the field as well as do our group thesis paper.

Since we were given the power to choose our groupmates, Jinyoung, Chae and I are on the same group with Mark, another classmate of ours.

Mark Tuan is a tall guy with blonde hair. The guy's American but of Taiwanese descent. He's popular in our school, half of it is because he's rich and good-looking but most of the time, it's because he's the most quiet student in our room and he doesn't seem to have many friends even in our class so no one picked him. It was Chaeyoung who told us that we should include Mark in our group because she felt bad for him.

So for the past few weeks on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, my classmates and I are training in one of the branches of a famous television company.

Professionals trained us on how to read and speak our dialogues when reporting, how to organize and manage paperworks and such.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are for our other classes and time to do our thesis papers.

I've been so busy with school that I often forget to reply to Tae's messages or our calls would only last for half an hour. He was consistent though, that's what I like about him. He never forgets to update me wherever he is and never gets angry when I forget to reply to his messages or calls when I'm busy.

I've never liked someone before so I'm not sure why most of the time, when I receive Taehyung's messages or calls after a long tiring day, my heart beats fast and my mood instantly becomes better.

However, I'd rather not get my hopes up obviously because I'm talking to an idol, who's loved by many. Chances of him liking me, when there are a lot of female idols more talented and prettier than me, is small.

So every night, after Taehyung says good night, I can't help but wonder why he's talking to me until now but then I dismiss it with the thought that he likes me as his friend and nothing more.

One Friday afternoon, when we were on our lunch break in KBS company, Taehyung called. I excused myself from the others who were already eating their food.

"Are you busy?" he asked in concern.

"No, we're on our lunch break."

"Did you eat already?"

"Not yet, actually."

"Oh. Eat first. Text me when you're not busy, yeah? I have a concert later this evening so I might not be able to text or call you."

Here he is again with his beautiful deep voice telling me his daily updates.

The difference between Taehyung and my other friends, including the rest of the BTS boys, was that Jinyoung and the others don't message me everyday about their whereabouts.

Do friends update each other that much? Or I'm just a delusional friend for thinking that he likes me?

"It's ok. I'll try to call when I get home. Don't forget to eat too! And take a rest if you have spare time."

He chuckled. "Got it! Nyongan, Chichu!"

"Nyongan, Taetae!"

---

I had a long day in the company that I felt lightheaded on my way home. It was already 9 in the evening when I arrived home so I instantly sat on my bed to rest for awhile.

I was about to text Taehyung when Mark started a video call in our group chat for our thesis.

"Hi," I greeted even though I'm tired already.